Sponsored Links

Orange LiveBox

I have been with Screaming.net, Freeserve, Wanadoo and now renamed for the 4th. time as Orange and I have to admit that until Orange took over things went reasonably well for me.
However all good things have to come and end! I recently signed up for the Orange LiveBox with the Home Max package and am now considering canceling on the grounds of Breach of Contract.
The 2nd line that you get with the box does not do what it is supposed to do all of the time. Some numbers that you dial 'Do not exist' according to them! For example 0500 41 41 41 is Screwfix Direct and they do not exist!!!
Several times a week the Local area connection has to be reset.
Of course the 'free calls' are attractive but there is a sting in the tail. You only get free calls to numbers starting with 01 & 02 (as well as worldwide calls). All other numbers are charged - even 0800 so I often seek the services of www.saynoto0870.com to try to find alternative numbers.
Orange make more money by getting you to use their help lines which are - yes you guessed it -0870 - but I refuse to do this and write emails. They do not like me doing this but I have insisted. The helpdesk is absolutely useless and to explain this let me state that I have been trying to resolve the 'number does not exist issue for many weeks and in total there has been 70 messages exchanged since 25/03/08. Several of the emails promise that I will receive a phone call from them - I should be so lucky!!!:mad:
Anyway my real reason for writing is to ask if anyone else has the LiveBox and if so are they having the same problems as I am.
Thanks for listening.
Dave

I have a feeling that most of the other Orange users on this forum may have vacated their services already, along with a whole lot more that the ISP wing seem to be bleeding right now. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Livebox is just a wireless router/modem, so that's not your problem, it's the phone line itself and how Orange manages it.

However, I don't recall seeing this problem before, except on their mobile phone platform.

Sponsored Links
Just saw this post today, as I had the same problem with 0500, so decided to ring them... I had an hour spare and it was a free call (see below)

Firstly all Free phone numbers are free on the 2nd line I dial them all the time, and never get charged

The 0500 issue, is down to the fact that 0500 numbers are VOIP numbers run by BT.

Andl for some utterly bizzare reason, Orange can not do VOIP to VOIP outside its own network, I didnt argue as you say, there support is rubbish

So for that you will need to plug it into the land line...

re calls to orange support... type the number in to say no to 0870 for there tech support and it has a very nice surprise for you..

Hope this helps, all be it a little late

P.S - hope this will make u laugh - explained the issue to them about the 0500 number not working, and was asked........ which Operating system I was using (how in a month of sundays could that ever be a Computer issue, when the laptop was not even connected at the time of making the call!!!)

P.S - hope this will make u laugh - explained the issue to them about the 0500 number not working, and was asked........ which Operating system I was using (how in a month of sundays could that ever be a Computer issue, when the laptop was not even connected at the time of making the call!!!)
That's because they're shitty first line support, that are told to support absolutely nothing except Windows and their own hardware.

I ditched Orange some years ago after nothing but problems that they were unwilling to deal with. I'm now with another ISP that I have never had a problem with.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?p=206910#post206910

I advise anyone that has a problem with Orange to get out fast. If they are not providing the service you signed up for then you can get out without paying off the whole contract.

Live box

Many thanks for the reply but now it is of no consequence as I moved house last October. I happen to have an O2 Iphone and read that as a user of O2 I could have a much cheaper broadband connection. I went down that route but have to admit that their helpdesk leaves a lot to be desired - well actually just one of the team! I won't go into the full sordid details but after complaining about the wrongly given advice, I received a very nice call from the Team Leader who assured me that the person concerned was undergoing some much needed retraining!!
Fortunately I only contacted them twice and the second was needed when setting up the connection in our new house.
So far all has gone well except for just one occasion and I am more than pleased with the way things have panned out.
Anyway many thanks to you all for contributing to this thread.
Dave

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules