Sponsored Links

Other Internet Alternatives To BT Infinity

Hi all,

Hope you can help. We are currently reviewing finances for our BT Infinity package and want to know whether there are other Internet providers that can support the Infinity infrastructure or to suggest other alternatives in order to connect to the Internet. I found that Plusnet can support the Infinity infrastructure but when looking into it only came to a couple of pounds cheaper that what we are currently paying with BT. Another alternative we were considering was signing up to a 60 Meg Unlimited Data Plan with EE and converting our current BT Infinity package to a standard BT phone package. Your help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Hope you can help. We are currently reviewing finances for our BT Infinity package and want to know whether there are other Internet providers that can support the Infinity infrastructure or to suggest other alternatives in order to connect to the Internet. I found that Plusnet can support the Infinity infrastructure but when looking into it only came to a couple of pounds cheaper that what we are currently paying with BT. Another alternative we were considering was signing up to a 60 Meg Unlimited Data Plan with EE and converting our current BT Infinity package to a standard BT phone package. Your help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim
Might be worth taking the 4G broadband route in the short term until other isp’s take advantage of the OpenReach Fibre network.
Alternatively, give BT a call and see if they can offer you a better price for BT infinity.

I have been happy with BT (getting 70/18 speeds) and just for reference, the renewal price offered is £24.99 (24 months) +£2 if I wanted to keep the landline.
Vodafone seem to have better prices now (@22pm) but 24 months is a long time and Thinking about FTTP I don’t want to commit to “the wrong” ISP…

Is there a way to know/see which provider would be installing FTTP in my street? Or is it always openreach and from there Vodafone for example would offer an upgrade?

I have been happy with BT (getting 70/18 speeds) and just for reference, the renewal price offered is £24.99 (24 months) +£2 if I wanted to keep the landline.
Vodafone seem to have better prices now (@22pm) but 24 months is a long time and Thinking about FTTP I don’t want to commit to “the wrong” ISP…

Is there a way to know/see which provider would be installing FTTP in my street? Or is it always openreach and from there Vodafone for example would offer an upgrade?
BT will offer to move you over to FTTP on the Openreach network once it becomes available, as will most of the providers.
As far as who’s going to be able to give you FTTP first really depends on who’s build it is. There are many more network operators out there now than there were 5 years ago, and only a few sell wholesale services to multiple CP’s.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules