Sponsored Links

Outdoor CPEs

If you are after band 40 then I had that one working out of the box on the original HK/CN firmware when testing a giffgaff/O2 sim card. Band 40 was active on the local mast and that got me occasionally a 4G+/CA 20Mhz(B40)+20Mhz(B40) connection. Guess you want band locking as the MC7010 prefers another freq/stronger signal in your area?

Re mmWave, yes, the MC7010 has a very capable Snapdragon X50/X55 chip which technically supports pretty much everything. The challenge we have is to find a ZTE firmware that is least obstructive..

@grabaar yes. I want band locking. Also PCI LOCK would be my choice as well. Cell ID locking provides stable internet. The out of box HK/ China version firmware sopports that. But does ZTE MC7010 supports band locking at least on HK/ CN Firmware?

@rak093 as per previous posts, it does not. Or at least firmware version BD_CNMC7010V1.0.2B02 mine got shipped with (and was still the latest revision for this model - as per OTA check menu) does not have these band locking features the PLY version has.

The B40 connection I mentioned with giffgaff/O2 was automated (w/o band locking) and the unit would frequently alternate between B40+B40, B1+N78 or another B1 on its own which resulted in poor connection stability.

Last edited:
@grabaar I am not expecting to have a click and run upgrade, i am a tech - so i have no issue with going out side of the square. I never really go to sites that have those fake pop-ups as i would never download something from a site like that for our customers.
But this is for my home, so happy to try it out. I downloaded firefox and installed the extensions (i am a normally a 100% chrome user) - but can either you or @rak093 point to part of the domain name you guys were able to download it from?

Thanks

@rak093 as per previous posts, it does not. Or at least firmware version BD_CNMC7010V1.0.2B02 mine got shipped with (and was still the latest revision for this model - as per OTA check menu) does not have these band locking features the PLY version has.

The B40 connection I mentioned with giffgaff/O2 was automated (w/o band locking) and the unit would frequently alternate between B40+B40, B1+N78 or another B1 on its own which resulted in poor connection stability.

Hi @grabaar would be great to compare notes here on the steps to flash the 5G ZTE CPE. I've managed to get the ZTE firmware update tool running, the Marvell PHS Driver Package Rel v1.0.0.5 installed, get the ZTE diagnostics ports and all setup. After which the ZTE firmware too detects the CPE, got the firmware zip with the "3.Download_files" folder ready. But unfortunately, the CPE devices don't manage to switch mode to a storage device, e.g it's stuck on "Connected State" - Switch to DL,
It's also, not always in the correct mode.

Is that the same experience for you? Any ideas?

btw.. here's an example of the BW i get on the CN/HK firmware, not too bad for a 2 bars out of 5

Attachments

• 11785447138.png
    11785447138.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 391
Hi @grabaar May I ask for a copy of the firmware for the PL version of ZTE MC7010? Also, I have found this app where you can lock bands for ZTE MC7010 without having to upgrade or change your firmware. I have an existing Chinese firmware and I use this app to lock a specific band.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-24 212525.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-24 212525.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 499
Sponsored Links
Hi @grabaar May I ask for a copy of the firmware for the PL version of ZTE MC7010? Also, I have found this app where you can lock bands for ZTE MC7010 without having to upgrade or change your firmware. I have an existing Chinese firmware and I use this app to lock a specific band.
Hello! That app sounds that it could fix my problems with my router jumping on wrong cells. Is it easy to use? and can you point where to download it. Thank you.

Hello! That app sounds that it could fix my problems with my router jumping on wrong cells. Is it easy to use? and can you point where to download it. Thank you.
I am not sure if it can lock a specific cell but for sure it can lock on a specific 4G or 5G band if you have the same device.

@redisred For the benefit of all sharing the URL from where you can download firmware for ZTE MC7010.

install overlay add remover plugin for chrome or firefox and you are good to go.

Last edited:
@mattieskohytonen Again for benefit of All. Below is the link to download ZManager for your mobile. The apk is in Chinese but you can easily configure your router and lock band.

Sponsored Links
@mattieskohytonen @grealish @redisred Hi , Hope you guys are not running Chinese Firmware. Anyone installed the ones from either Play, Telia , Elisa ? What are the band locking features available on them ? What differences do you guys see from the original Chinese Firmware. ? Is the connection stable now .. Please post your results

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules