Sponsored Links

Outdoor CPEs

I bought the router used, but the seller said they only turned on the router to make sure everything is working, which does line up with the firmware being old.

It's clear that it's the Chinese model tho (Chinese firmware, instructions are in Chinese etc).
Then it should be updated automatically to the latest version

Hopefully it updates over the next few days
I think it's a bit silly that we can check for new updates, but can't actually update the router manually lol

Do a factory reset and check for updates. If that doesn't work, use another service provider and check for updates..sometimes it works.
If I check for an update immediately after a reset (or a restart), I get "update is ongoing", but the router doesn't update
I haven't tried using a different ISP, will give it a go if the router doesn't update soon. Thanks :)

Hello! I'm thinking of buying a MC7010 router from China. I have a Huawei B818, and i locked these 2 bands: B7+B20. I can reach 180Mbps/50Mbps with these settings. (When i select another bands the speed decreases, the tower has the following bands: B1,B3,B7,B20,B28) Until no 5G frequency on the tower, I would use the router with 4G. So when i update to the Elisa firmware, i can lock more 4G frequencies to have carrier aggregation for me? Or i can select only 1 band to lock? Thanks.

@sam81 I was going through the zip file that you have attached in earlier post. CN_ZTE_MC7010V2.0.0B02.zip

steps:

1. Extarct the zip file CN_ZTE_MC7010V2.0.0B02.zip

2. then go to \CN_ZTE_MC7010V2.0.0B02\6.Config_File\FOTA_FS folder
3. extract ztedata.tgz and ztedata.tar
4. open file folder zteconfig
5. you will find the file default_parameter. open it with notepad++ or any text editor

below is your encrypted password.
##############################
##### Device Management #####
user=
admin_user=admin
admin_Password=FC8AD4D5EF4E077396D367797DB47777FEBD3E35F166C29EA9C0D69A6C06277C
###############################

View attachment 1775
Interestingly, the other firmware (PLY, Elisa) have the same hash (FC8AD4D5EF4E077396D367797DB47777FEBD3E35F166C29EA9C0D69A6C06277C). But didn't Sam have trouble logging into the Chinese version (V2.0)? Weird

Alright, I updated my MC7010 to V2.0 with the ZTE Firmware tool and the router has already done two updates on its own (B04 and B09) lol

I had the router on 24/7 for 3 weeks and not a single update lmao. I suspected there was an issue with V1.02 preventing my MC7010 from updating and this confirms it.

FYI, I had an issue where the update would get stuck at 6%, status "switch to DL". The solution? Update from a USB 2.0 port. I don't know why, but it wasn't happy with the USB 3.0 ports on any of my computers.

Also, the password didn't change in my case. It was the same password that was supplied with the router.

B10.png

Updated to V2.0.0B10, appears to be the latest version.

hi, sir @TheGreatDivide. I have the same device. currently, I also have the same issue with my firmware and unit which I bought last July 2021 and until now it still hasn't updated on its own despite the auto-update enabled. I would appreciate it if you can teach me step by step what you did to manually update your firmware. thank you.
I'm happy to help, but I have only updated one MC7010 and if there are any issues, I'll be out of my depth. Some people couldn't log into the PLY/Elise versions if their password was too short (5 characters min).

Have you read the after sales manual? I can give you a step-by-step, but the manual explains the process quite well already. The only change I needed in my case was a different USB port (USB 2.0).

The installation files and firmware are available on androidhost.ru, but not the V2.0 chinese firmware. Sam shared it here: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/outdoor-cpes.37141/post-265881

Hi All,

Having some major snags while trying to use 3's 5G network on my ZTE MC7010, Vodafone and EE 4G worked great.

There's a new 5G mast about 30m away from my flat and my phone using the same SIM can hit 900-1000Mbps which is fantastic. However, my 7010 is stuck on a very slow 3G connection regardless of what settings I have selected on it!

I've tried locking it to 5G NSA only with band 78 locked, the full 5G cell lock using info from my phone, factory reset, different APNs (3internet and three.co.uk). If I select 5G NSA or 4G connection only then it just stays on "limited service", I've briefly seen the 5G or 4G+ indication pop up briefly and then disappear but that has since stopped happening.

Also running the latest CN V2.0B10 firmware.

Any ideas?

Edit: Also tried using my Netgear M1 and that is also stuck on the same 3G connection, unable to connect to 4G.

I'm happy to help, but I have only updated one MC7010 and if there are any issues, I'll be out of my depth. Some people couldn't log into the PLY/Elise versions if their password was too short (5 characters min).

Have you read the after sales manual? I can give you a step-by-step, but the manual explains the process quite well already. The only change I needed in my case was a different USB port (USB 2.0).

The installation files and firmware are available on androidhost.ru, but not the V2.0 chinese firmware. Sam shared it here: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/outdoor-cpes.37141/post-265881
hi sir @TheGreatDivide ,

i have sent you a private message about the manual update.

hope you can respond.

thanks

Last edited:
I have recently setup the ZTE MC7010 I purchased in Hong Kong. It came with a multi language Quick Start Guide and Type C power plug which is not Hong Kong or Chinese pin type.

#device_info reports Software Version BD_XCBZHKMC7010V1.0.0B01.

#ota_update Check for new version results in "No new version found".

I've downloaded the after sales service manual and found the software listed. I'm not sure if the update will work. Has anyone seen this Software Version before? I'm not sure what ZTE region/country codes XC and BZ are.

Hi All,

Having some major snags while trying to use 3's 5G network on my ZTE MC7010, Vodafone and EE 4G worked great.

There's a new 5G mast about 30m away from my flat and my phone using the same SIM can hit 900-1000Mbps which is fantastic. However, my 7010 is stuck on a very slow 3G connection regardless of what settings I have selected on it!

I've tried locking it to 5G NSA only with band 78 locked, the full 5G cell lock using info from my phone, factory reset, different APNs (3internet and three.co.uk). If I select 5G NSA or 4G connection only then it just stays on "limited service", I've briefly seen the 5G or 4G+ indication pop up briefly and then disappear but that has since stopped happening.

Also running the latest CN V2.0B10 firmware.

Any ideas?

Edit: Also tried using my Netgear M1 and that is also stuck on the same 3G connection, unable to connect to 4G.
You unlikely to get any connection if you Band Lock it to N78 Only, the NSA Networks needs a 4G Signal to establish a 4 and 5G Connection. if your seeing Signals flash up then disapear then that likely the Router is searching for a Network and briefly picking another Network before failing to logon and then scanning on.

If you know which 4G Mast (+5G Signal) you wish to use, can you not just Cell Lock it to that Mast then play around or experiment with the Bands that you need or dont need that way.

Note: on most ZTE Routers your need to do a Reboot after a Cell Lock and do a Factory Reset to take it back out of a Cell Lock.

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a ZTE MC7010 from Amazon.de.
The device came with the BD_XCBZHKMC7010V1.0.0B0 firmware which does not update automatically to anything else.

My first tests were completely disappointing, as my connection was very unstable and extremely slow around 8 Mbps both for download and upload.
I live in Greece and my ISP is Cosmote which uses the B3+B7+B20 bands for CA and the N78 for 5G.
I live in an open farm and I have optical contact with two distant public antenna stations, which host antennas for my ISP too. The distance is quite large for both antenna stations, 5,7 km and 6,3 km respectively, according to Google Earth, but both with perfect optical contact. Even tall trees do not get in the way.
In the same location of the MC7010 a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, which has a CAT12 modem as far as I know, is able to achieve speeds over 120 Mbps for download and over 30 for upload.

Initially the MC7010 showed a very weak (in my opinion) signal reception, "medium" according to the ZTE install helper app, and is something I still cannot explain, as my Xiaomi smartphone has perfect signal reception at the same exact outdoor point where I have placed the MC7010.

The signal reception issue which affected stability beyond speed, was improved significantly when I changed the network selection from 5G/4G/3G to 5G NSA or 4G only. The 5G SA mode is not an option for me yet, as I have first to find or buy a 5G smartphone, which is included in the compatibility list of Cosmote, and send a SMS to 1333 with the text "5G".

The speed issue was also improved significantly when I used the ZManager Android app to lock the bands of the MC7010.

Until some days before the LTE speeds had reached the same levels with my smartphone, over 120 Mbps for download and 30 Mbps for upload. Then I had to play with some settings for another irrelevant issue (SIP ALG) without success, and I reset the router and did everything from the beginning. Now after the reset, and with the same settings from both the web interface and the ZManager app, for some reason my speeds are far below 100/30 Mpbs.

I have built a Raspberry Pi 4 internet speed monitoring solution with instructions from this awesome web site https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-internet-speed-monitor/ and my today's speeds are what you can see here:
canvas.png

Red: download, Green: upload, Blue: ping

Anyway, what I would like to do, is to manually change the firmware and try something of the four options I have found, Telia/Elisa/Play and the CN_ZTE_MC7010V2.0.0B02 which I found from this awesome forum.

So I would like to make some questions if anyone can help me.

Which of the four firmwares should I prefer and why?
What about the administration web interface password after a successful firmware update?
What will be the administration IP address after a successful firmware update?
The software tools I found in androidhost.ru for firmware flashing, are they compatible with all four firmwares?

That's all for now... I'm happy to join this community and share valuable information.

I also have contacted the ZTE support via e-mail and I still have an open conversation with them based on my support request. Unfortunately the only advice ZTE gave me, is to return my device to the seller...

I have recently setup the ZTE MC7010 I purchased in Hong Kong. It came with a multi language Quick Start Guide and Type C power plug which is not Hong Kong or Chinese pin type.

#device_info reports Software Version BD_XCBZHKMC7010V1.0.0B01.

#ota_update Check for new version results in "No new version found".

I've downloaded the after sales service manual and found the software listed. I'm not sure if the update will work. Has anyone seen this Software Version before? I'm not sure what ZTE region/country codes XC and BZ are.

I think this is the Global or International Version since XC stands for Cross Country and BZ is for Belize I think according to the Internet.

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a ZTE MC7010 from Amazon.de.
The device came with the BD_XCBZHKMC7010V1.0.0B0 firmware which does not update automatically to anything else.

My first tests were completely disappointing, as my connection was very unstable and extremely slow around 8 Mbps both for download and upload.
I live in Greece and my ISP is Cosmote which uses the B3+B7+B20 bands for CA and the N78 for 5G.
I live in an open farm and I have optical contact with two distant public antenna stations, which host antennas for my ISP too. The distance is quite large for both antenna stations, 5,7 km and 6,3 km respectively, according to Google Earth, but both with perfect optical contact. Even tall trees do not get in the way.
In the same location of the MC7010 a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, which has a CAT12 modem as far as I know, is able to achieve speeds over 120 Mbps for download and over 30 for upload.

Initially the MC7010 showed a very weak (in my opinion) signal reception, "medium" according to the ZTE install helper app, and is something I still cannot explain, as my Xiaomi smartphone has perfect signal reception at the same exact outdoor point where I have placed the MC7010.

The signal reception issue which affected stability beyond speed, was improved significantly when I changed the network selection from 5G/4G/3G to 5G NSA or 4G only. The 5G SA mode is not an option for me yet, as I have first to find or buy a 5G smartphone, which is included in the compatibility list of Cosmote, and send a SMS to 1333 with the text "5G".

The speed issue was also improved significantly when I used the ZManager Android app to lock the bands of the MC7010.

Until some days before the LTE speeds had reached the same levels with my smartphone, over 120 Mbps for download and 30 Mbps for upload. Then I had to play with some settings for another irrelevant issue (SIP ALG) without success, and I reset the router and did everything from the beginning. Now after the reset, and with the same settings from both the web interface and the ZManager app, for some reason my speeds are far below 100/30 Mpbs.

I have built a Raspberry Pi 4 internet speed monitoring solution with instructions from this awesome web site https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-internet-speed-monitor/ and my today's speeds are what you can see here:
View attachment 3035
Red: download, Green: upload, Blue: ping

Anyway, what I would like to do, is to manually change the firmware and try something of the four options I have found, Telia/Elisa/Play and the CN_ZTE_MC7010V2.0.0B02 which I found from this awesome forum.

So I would like to make some questions if anyone can help me.

Which of the four firmwares should I prefer and why?
What about the administration web interface password after a successful firmware update?
What will be the administration IP address after a successful firmware update?
The software tools I found in androidhost.ru for firmware flashing, are they compatible with all four firmwares?

That's all for now... I'm happy to join this community and share valuable information.

I also have contacted the ZTE support via e-mail and I still have an open conversation with them based on my support request. Unfortunately the only advice ZTE gave me, is to return my device to the seller...
From what I've read the CN firmware will unlock all bands both 4G and 5G. It has Cell Lock via PCI and EARFCN on the #debug_page.

The other Telia/Elisa/Play firmware will have bands specific to their locale and provider available. Check these bands are compatible with your provider before flashing.

You'll likely find that reduced speeds are the result of the device locking onto another tower and/or band aggregation. Check the #network_info page and note the signal power, SINR and the PCI/EARFCN. Then compare speeds when it changes to another tower and/or band combination. Once you know the best PCI/EARCN enter, apply the settings and restart.

i am Chinese, i got a big mistake,i just flashed my cpe with poland version firmware, but it dont recognize my sim card , it shows "invalid SIM card,", anyone can help me , what can i do to fix it

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules