Sponsored Links

Packet Loss Problem - Sky CS Useless

Posting this on here since its a sky specific problem and hopefully some of you are familiar with it.

Hey there,

Recently I have been having a massive amount of packet loss on games I play, and after doing trace runs using a game I play I found that the third hop, 82.111.97.129 is the problem (1st hop being my own router, 2nd hop being easynet).

I was on the phone to sky for 3 hours and finally managed to find that tracert in the command prompt did the same ip trace as my game, but everything came up as fine. What i realised after is that my trace on my game keeps doing cycles, and the packet loss only shows up after the first cycle and then continues to increase to around 95%.

I have tried doing trace using my game on the ip for Google, BBC and various other sites which has no relation to game servers and the same problem crops up on each, same 3 ip addresses in the first 3 hops and always packet loss on the 3rd.

The information on that IP is:

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB

Now im stuck with no idea what I can do and how to resolve the problem. I really need some helps guys :/

~David

Please don't double post - removed the other one.

Firstly, which of Sky's packages are you on? If you're with Sky BB Max then that's the highest upgrade you can have on their platform. Unfortunately if the packet loss is on an external IP from your network then there's not a lot you can do, it's entirely in the hands of somebody else to fix.

Your best bet is to keep bugging Sky and provide them with more tracert evidence from tests performed over several days and at different times. I'll be on Sky BB myself shortly but can't run a trace rout myself. I know we have a few Sky BB users on here so perhaps one of them is willing to see if the IP pops up in their trace too.

Sponsored Links
Tried a tracert to that IP - destination Unreachable.

Ripe's whois reports

inetnum: 82.111.96.0 - 82.111.111.255
netname: EASYNET-LLU-RING
descr: Easynet LLU Ring
admin-c: EH92-RIPE
tech-c: EH92-RIPE
remarks: INFRA-AW
mnt-by: EASYNET-UK-MNT

Another 2 hour phone call and now im apparently going to receive a call from the management team in the next 48 hours.

Ill keep you guys updated

change isp i did i went with aquiss for gaming
Brilliant idea. I love you.lol
BN.gif

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules