Sponsored

Password storage software

DTMark

ULTIMATE Member
Does anyone here have any experience of software that saves passwords?

Generally I'll write down passwords rather than keep electronic copies on my PC.

Though of course that then means that I can't access them while out and about even if I do RDP onto my machine.

There are however so many now from credit cards to internet providers to servers that I need to organise this better.

I've been having a look around at software which saves and encrypts passwords in its own database. Don't mind if that's "local only", indeed I'd prefer it, at least it's behind a router and a modem, provided the software itself is secure.

I can see some open source stuff - one called KeePass for instance - do I trust that software provider ;)

Any suggestions?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Personally I use eWallet as it allows me to keep a sync between my Smartphone and Desktop through a separate client download. However I do tend to find that it gets a bit tedious keeping all the software up-to-date between systems, but then I only sync the password database every few months.

I doubt this is the best programme though, I just found myself using it from many years ago and have kept using the same thing since.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
ld recommend LastPass, lve used it for a few years now.. its a setup and forget it type of program in as far as onces its setup you can access your passwords from any machine you install it to as long as you have the master password, after all remembering one password is easier than remembering 100s and its also quite possible to install last pass to a portable version of firefox.

it also supports quite a few browsers as well other than firefox (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Opera and Maxthon according to their website).

the only downside is you have to pay to use it on mobile devices (tablets etc) but considering its only like £6 a year its something lve not minded paying, after all l dont need to remember all passwords any more, all l do is logon and let it deal with all my password needs be it generating new ones (in whatever format l wish), it also has the ability to protect financial details (tho lve always been a little weird about sharing any such information) and the ability to add secure notes, and syncing data is done without user interaction, if you edit or save a new pass its accessible from that moment from any other computer you logon with.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2200)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (968)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (908)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules