Sponsored

Peer to peer

TonyBrown

Mark,

In a posting you made back in January, you said the issue of Peer to Peer shaping was going to be looked at agian, to see if it could be improved to a usable form. Did anything happen with this?

Regards

Tony Brown

Fudskie

Pro Member
P2P

Hi all,
sorry for the delay but i & my wife have had a new arrival in the family so broadband has had to take a step back for now.....i will be in touch shortly.

robwil

Casual Member
It's been ages since I last posted.....Congrats on the new arrival by the way. I'm still amazingly frustrated that I can't DL any faster than
0.15 Kbps. Trie so many programms....DC++ was meant to be great for Satellite BB. The village is on an ARC 2000+ package. I pick that up over a wireless network...Am I making sense ??????? Can anyone help me before I throw the bloody thing out......By the way internet surfing is absolutely brilliant....the only fault is P2P is crap !

:mad:

Fudskie

Pro Member
New Arrival

It she the LNB is a girl, may i add with a large voice..........ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz is a memory. We have done some experiments with P2P & wireless providers inc blocking this application & making it fully open. There have been issues with some wireless ISP requesting us to disable or traffic shape (slow down) the available bandwidth to P2P applications. This has been because although you see one upload etc or download @ say 100Kbps there is in fact 10-20 connections open from one client requesting say 10 x 100 kbps of bandwidth (nearly a Meg) without the user knowing & thus using lots of bandwidth on the wireless ISP network & the back haul being used. This has lead to the WISP asking us to stop p2p as much as possible. we are investigating the adoption of p2p traffic shaping on a local basis instead of a global one & thus will make an announcement to this as soon as we have a solution to implement date. I will be in touch shortly but be assured this is a high priority matter as more legitamate services are starting to use p2p technologies to help with bandwidth on large downloads & voice technologies.:)

robwil

Casual Member
Mark (Fudskie), Do you have an update for us yet on P2P shaping ????? By the way would still like to chat to you about my own P2P situation. Is the best route through isp review IRC channel ????? It'll take me ages to work out how to get to that little bugger !

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
robwil said:
Mark (Fudskie), Do you have an update for us yet on P2P shaping ????? By the way would still like to chat to you about my own P2P situation. Is the best route through isp review IRC channel ????? It'll take me ages to work out how to get to that little bugger !
You are always welcome to our channel there is almost always someone around. Mark does pop in and we have a way of letting you know the last time he was in. You can use the java link on the forums or if you have MiRC then you connect to server irc.dynasty.net and join #isp-review

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2091)
  3. FTTC (1630)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1206)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1004)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (873)
  15. Virgin Media (842)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (575)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules