Sponsored Links

Picture Noise with ASUS V9750/TD

I have purchased an ASUS V9750/TD (nVIDIA based 5700FX) graphics card in order to solve a problem I was having with the motherboard BIOS display being garbled with a Matrox Paralia (now solved -- see seperate thread).

The V9750 worked fine except that I was getting spontaneous reboots that were reportedly caused by the nVIDIA drivers (66.93) so I decided to revert back to the Matrox card since I had made the BIOS changes that I needed.

I found myself needing to boot of the CD-ROM and realised that I hadn't changed the boot sequence in the BIOS. Since at that time I was unable to view the motherboard BIOS with the Matrox card I decided to re-install the V9750. As I'd gone to that trouble I decided to retry the card under Windows XP to see if I could solve the system crashes.

After installing the drivers (I had uninstalled the Matrox drivers before shutting down to swap the cards) I noticed that within Windows XP the digital (Sony SDM-X202) display shows strange interference (like background static) where as the Paralia is fine in Windows (and still is now that I've reverted back to using the Matrox card again especially since I've solved my original problem of not being able to view the motherboard BIOS).

As far as I can tell, when using the V9750, the interference isn't there when the PC is starting up (or when viewing the BIOS) but does appear when I'm logged into Windows XP. I'm sorry to ramble on but I want to make sure I include all relevant information.

The motherboard is an ASUS P4P800S-X and that is the reason I purchased the ASUS V9570 since I figured they would be compatible. So, finally I hear you say, could this be a driver issue or is the card damaged?

is your ASUS mobo a AGP 4x or 8x? if 4X then set it to 4x = Disabled or 2x because if you leave it at 4x it will go all garbled on boot :(

Following on from the other thread...

I'm using the same mobo, with an nvidia FX5500 with no problems

Sponsored Links
I have 2 5600FX's and have tried them on 3 different AGP 4x mobo's all with the same result, but when i disabled 4x the problem went away :( but when I tried them on an 8x Mobo, there was no problem as the AGP bus was running at 8x :shrug:

[Update]

Just Checked it, its an AGP 8x mobo, hmm, should run fine then :shrug:
Asus

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. The ASUS P4P800S-X motherboard supports 8X AGP so I don't think that can be the problem. During BIOS initialisation and the Windows start-up screens I can't see any interference. That might be because the resolution is so low.

This is hard to explain but the display isn't garbled it just has interference almost like a strong radio source is nearby. The best way to put it is that it looks like rows of "------------------------------------" flickering up and down the screen (some short and some long) but only on the left hand side. Even that doesn't explain it very well but it might help paint a picture in your mind.

I do have a wireless keyboard/mouse receiver under that side but I've tried moving it and disconnecting it completely with no difference to the display. I also thought that digital displays were not prone to interference? That might be something I made up though! :laugh:

Thanks. That was going to be my next stop but I always find their support site so slow (even on a 1mb connection). Will see what I can find. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules