Sponsored Links

Pipex farce.

Just thought i would share with everyone the incompetence displayed by Pipex whilst migrating to O2.I received my M A C code from Pipex on the 1/8/08 and was immediately given to O2. I received a confirmation letter of cancellation dated 2/8/08. I was charged a cancellation fee of £8.59 on 1/8/08. I received a telephone call on the 21/8/08 from Pipex informing me that O2 had not informed them that my M A C code had been transferred to them and my broadband account would remain open and remain a Pipex customer. My O2 broadband was activated on the 12/8/08. I have today,2/9/08, received an email from Pipex informing me that my broadband account remains active and hope i will enjoy their service. What a farce. I have informed O2 and Ofcom who also agree. I have emailed Pipex and up till now have not replied.I will obviously be cancelling my direct debit account with Pipex. Any advice would be welcome.

Pipex is tiscali now there are no pipex staff left employed the last redundacies were end of August. The Manchester Pipex offices were emptied during August there was three members of staff left to pack up in August..

What Kits means to say is that their support is now crap :), though luckily that cancellation letter you received is vital evidence in case they ever charge you for a service you haven't used. In fact I don't think they can legally elect to continue with the commercial service after a clear cancellation has been agreed, not without your express permission.

It’s no wonder that so many customers seem to fall into the same trap when Tiscali are unilaterally deciding to over-turn cancellations.

Sponsored Links
Any advice would be welcome.

Keep copies of all correspondence - especially their confirmation of cancellation.

Don't contact them by phone - it will cost you and you don't have a record of what was said. With email you can show what you said, and when you said it.

Cancel your Direct Debit

If you need to send anything in writing to them, use recorded delivery and keep the receipts

Don't fall for it if they try to bully you into payuing them some more

Enjoy O2 - they are one of the better ISPs, particulalry if you are on their LLU service.

Thanks for everyones comments. I`m in the process of cancelling my direct debit from my `Phantom` broadband provider. The Ofcom official that i spoke to, had to ask his colleagues in the office if any of them had received a similar complaint to mine and were totally mystified by what Pipex were saying. They have suggested using Cisas.

Thought i would give an update re my problem with Pipex. After writing a number of emails i received a telephone call from customer relations,plus two emails, apologising for sending me an email informing me my account was live. This was done so in error.

Sponsored Links
Kits, I would wait until AFTER the next billing date before saying that!!!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules