Sponsored Links

PIPEX - What gets up your nose?

They really are a bunch of muppets :(

I left them at the end of January and they ended up having to pay me back over £30.

Got home last Friday to find an email stating I owned them over £80!!! Contacted them (via a freephone number) and the staff said they couldn't find where this came from as I was correct about my account.

They were to have their finance department contact me within 48hrs, I'm still waiting.

Anyway, rant over, but word of advice, avoid.

Johnnypanic

Pipex Problems

I decided to leave PIPEX because of continued poor service. PIPEX will only give a MAC code if you call them (on a premium number) haven't they heard about the Internet?. I found it very difficult to get through but eventually I did last Wednesday (Feb 20th) and I had to speak to 2 people (1 of them twice). I have the feeling that PIPEX try to make it as difficult as possible but they agreed to send me the MAC code. It has now gone past 5 working days and I have still not received my MAC code. Isn't this illegal? If I do not receive it by Friday I will not be able to benefit from the BT HomeHub offer. I have BT Internet in Scotland - no problems.

By law, they are obligated to issue the MAC within 5 (working?) days. I would phone them again, and threaten them with Ofcom, Mike, and tell them if you lose out on the deal due to their refusal to obey the law, you will be seeking compensation from them. They will probably then give it to you over the phone, which begs the question, why couldn't they do that in the first place?!

Customer service is terrible, they tech support people virtually know nothing apart from the scripts they are obviously given.

4 times now I have been promised a call back from a "2nd line engineer" but I am still waiting. The fault was reported on the 21st of April, on the 22nd it was recieved and I am still in the same situation I as in then.

Tiscali is a joke.

1. Why can't customer care, tech support and cancellations actually talk to each other - meaning every call usually ends with "I need to pass this to the next department"

2. Why can you not contact the "next department" directly (namely provisioning, and 2nd line engineers)

3. Why can't faults be "owned" by the agent you first call, giving you a constant point of reference until the issue is resolved.

4. Why do they seem incapable of calling you back when they promise to.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules