Sponsored Links

Plusnet FTTC home connection with phone line

KDS

ULTIMATE Member
My BT contract runs out on next month 12th I have given the notice. Plus net £12.99 deal for 9 months is very good value

question how long is the contract ? 12 months or 24 months website is not clear.

can I get a static ip (real public ip) not CGN. if they decided to go with CGN on my connection they should let me migrate away. will that possible. I have a home server which need this.

happy with ipv6 though, even happy to try l this for you guys ;-)

I use plusnet with few of my clients no massive issues so far. but all that are business connection.

If they keep the same level or little less for home services I'll be happy with.

I was going to say it's probably too early to be talking about CGN but on the other hand PlusNet would probably be among the first to jump, thus your question is a fair one. So far it's only been done as a trial though and as a result you might struggle to get a firm answer.

As for contract length, it's usually 12 or 18 months (18 months is most often used alongside the special offers) for their home products. A 1 month option also exists but without special offers and you also have to pay for activation.

question how long is the contract ? 12 months or 24 months website is not clear.

18 months.

can I get a static ip (real public ip) not CGN.

Yes, for a one-off charge of £5.

if they decided to go with CGN on my connection they should let me migrate away. will that possible. I have a home server which need this.

That's a big 'if' ;)

I don't think you've anything to worry about. If we were to make any detrimental changes to your contract then you'd typically be able to migrate without penalty.

Best regards,

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bob / Mark that's what I like to hear.

if I don't want the offer, I'm happy to pay the £19.99 and connection fee. can I sign up with monthly contract ? how much this will be ?

I' afraid not, all of our FTTC products have a minimum 18 month term. This is primarily because the Wholesale contract itself is 12 months.

Best regards,

Thanks Bob, I decided to go with Zen, they offered slighter expensive FTTC with shorter contract. I will still recommend plus net

I' afraid not, all of our FTTC products have a minimum 18 month term. This is primarily because the Wholesale contract itself is 12 months.

Best regards,

Surely if the wholesale contract is 12 months then you can supply 12 months, if not why just curious?

I am about to move to FTTC my contract is 12 moths this is on BT network.

Sponsored Links
My guess is it depends on the economics and special offers. If it’s a cheaper service then the ISP would be more inclined to seek greater investment security through a longer term commitment by the customer.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules