Sponsored

Plusnet Helpline - huge waiting times

crwydryn

I've been relatively happy for some tears with Plusnet - but for the third time in the last 12 months I have found predicted waiting times on their 'help' line to be 55 minutes and more.

I just have a simple query on loss of phone service, and I don't want to wait one hour using a mobile to contact them.

Unbelievably, there's no way to email them!

So, maybe I've been unlucky but I'm writing to them (get the quill pen out) to cease the contract

...it may be even quicker by regular mail...

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
Think the closest thing to e-mail they have is to open a ticket(I did this recently and they took about a day to respond - they have a customer service stats page which will give you an idea of response timescales). You can also talk to the cancellation dept (Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632) and perhaps they'll be able to sort out a better deal, or cancel your service if that's what you decide.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
[sarcasm on/]But at least the call centre is in the UK!!!![sarcasm off\]

aquiss

ISP Rep
I think I'll say it as it is. What do you expect when they have pushed the price of connectivity so low....something has to give.

If you want more reasonable support times or support in general, then this has to be taken into consideration as part of your buying decision when selecting any company. PlusNet are trying very hard to serve that side of the sector, but it's never going to win call queue times.

Hi there,

Apologies for the long waits you've experienced when trying to contact us crwydryn.

This is something that we're aware of and we're taking steps such as recruiting for both of our contact centres in order to combat this.

As you might guess I'm unable to assist you with a cancellation request via here I'm afraid.

If you do change your mind for some reason or there's anything else we can help with then please feel free to drop us a reply including a ticket ID or your username.

All the best,

Adam W

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
Call queue page is working today.. *shockwave*

Tom - www.mouselike.org
Showing average residential call waits at 35 minutes and 59 seconds while business calls are waiting 1 minute and 8 seconds, maybe it's my imagination but there seems to be a significant difference.

Nobody should have to wait 35 minutes to talk to someone, you can talk to TalkTalk residential customer support either through an online chat session or by phone within seconds to a couple of minutes. Yes that's right TalkTalk are actually performing better than Plusnet! :eek:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules