Sponsored Links

Plusnet - my experience

Hi,

Service was good for 10 months then just fell apart.

Have now been without ADSL for 1 1/2 weeks & no explanation, or apology.

Calling the support line has been a complete waste of time - average time to wait has been 1 1/2 hours with 2 out of 3 calls dropping out.

Once I actually got onto someone & was so frustrated at the obvious fudging & avoidance, that I tried to close my account. They wanted £80 to pay out the contract - I said fine, do it.. because I am desperate to get some form of service. 2 days later nothing has been & I cannot contact their call centre.

Not someone I would ever use again.

- matt.

I suspect that you may well be one of the unfortunate Plusnet customers that got transferred to a Tiscali ( spit ) LLU line.

Sponsored Links
After 30 mins on a helpline, I class that as being uncontactable if it happens more than once.

And if they dont answer to written (and recorded) letters of cancellation, then simply stop payments and keep all referance, such as times you rang and letters sent with proof of posting.

If an ISP is uncontactable, then you have the right to cancel yourself and stop payments. They can request you pay what you owe (remainder of contract for example), but its a very sad state of affairs when you have to go that route.

IMO, not long till plusnet go down the pan with the comments we have been seeing about the net recently, along with all the other troubles.

IMO, not long till plusnet go down the pan with the comments we have been seeing about the net recently, along with all the other troubles.

I do hope not Old Dude, I am still with them, I am giving them the benefit of 30 days more to sort out their helpline and if it isn't, then, ( like many others it seems ), I will be applying for my MAC Code.

I hope so too, it would be nice if they got to how they were at the start. Many were singing their praises.

What shocked me most was the outburst by the MD. Just...wow. Another tell tale is that according to posts, the helplines are getting worse.

Anyways, I hope Bob can sort out this particular customers problem.

Update

Hello,

Just thought that I would give an update - I've just pinged bob to see if he can help.

I have now been without service for 20 days.

I have yet to know what caused the outage, how long the outage is expected to last, & what the resolution process is.

The best I can get out of plusnet so far is that this is a problem with an upstream provider & they provide plusnet with no service level guarantees, & so they provide me with no service level guarantees.

Sponsored Links
I hope so too, it would be nice if they got to how they were at the start. Many were singing their praises.

A couple of years ago I was one of those people singing their praises - now I'm just relieved I got out when I did.

What shocked me most was the outburst by the MD. Just...wow.

I assumed I have simply gone into sit-com world. Certainly I laughed so much it hurt, especially when I realised it was the Marketing Director who was creating the worst possible Marketing!

How he's still there I really don't know.

Hi - just thought I would give an update.

If you are a plusnet customer & are having problems - pm Bob - he certainly seems to know what is going on there & be able to get things moving. He also took the time to explain exactly what went on & the process that they were following - turns out I was one of the customers effected by the Tiscali migration.

Alas my connection was still in never-never land right up until the time it was cancelled - outage was 22 days & counting.

I am moving my service to a smaller ISP Cerberus - who certainly are more expensive - but they are based around the technical team from the old Mailbox. I talked to them while they were at Mailbox & their philosophy was to build a technically great network & not seek to over subscribe it. This limits their revenue potential, but they have lots of happy customers.

Bob, thanks again for your efforts.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5507)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2259)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1970)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1661)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1458)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules