Sponsored Links

PlusNet

My own experience of Plusnet is that the service is still getting worse.

Service:
Broadband connection, Email connection, inability to receive faxes, seem to be troubled with increasing frequency. Yesterday I found I could not access my webspace because of login problems. Today I lost some emails through a hiccup in using Webmail, and then found I could not access emails, either through webmail, or through Outlook Express, because of further login problems. Things that work well one day don't the next.

Support:
Some of these problems happen despite there being no issues reported on PlusNet's "Service Status" page. It is now very difficult to find out how to raise a "ticket" (an email query) on PlusNet's portal. Perhaps this is to discourage people from raising queries, or because problems are snowballing, making it even harder to resolve them.

I waited patiently through the difficulties PlusNet experienced some months / weeks ago, but since I pay about £33 per month for various services I expect it to work, and my patience is limited.

I use another ISP (Demon) broadband connection in another place using different telephone lines and different hardware, and I have tried using these to access PlusNet services as well, so I hope I am being objective.

On the positive side, when I moved office, transferring my broadband services was trouble-free. My anti-virus has never picked anything up, because dangerous emails have been stopped by Plusnet already.

If you eventually want to leave plusnet, beware. They tie you in for 5 years, and make out that your getting a good deal for it.

To my knowlage, no other major ISP does this.

If you have viewed the complaints page you will see them steadily rising up, and all their MD can do is make contradictory claims about other ISPs when his is just as bad.

I got stuck for a year and after 4 months couldnt bear the poor performance any longer. I sent them a letter highlighting all my grievances and they said I could leave if I paid them £70, I did and left. Good riddance.

Also reported them to Ofcom for good measure.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules