Sponsored Links

Poor connection

Bobycat

Could anyone advise regarding the Huawei B535-FBD4 with 3Network
Is it possible to connect a WIFI EXTENDER to this Huawei B535-FBD4 due to poor signal in the next room ?
Many thanks for a reply

It certainly is.
You have a few options.
Gold standard would be running an ethernet cable and having a WiFi Access Point where you need it.
Second best would probably be powerline adapters with one of them being WiFi enabled.

The last options is using a WiFi repeater - they do extend the signal but come with much lower speeds and performance because of it being relayed.

Yes , i have the router in the loft, run an ethernet cable into the bedroom, and use a home hub 5 as an extender, works great.

Sponsored Links
Im sure someone said that they had a new firmware on the B535 , that enabled bridge mode, not got it on mine yet.

Sounds exciting - I’ll see if I’ve got an update available on mine.
Mines a B535-232 on 10.0.1.1 with no updates available.
Seems more likely to me that whoever’s got it isn’t on an updated firmware but they’re running a firmware from a provider who has the feature enabled. Remember that Huawei only makes these routers available through carriers/partners who are the ones to manage the firmware there’s no ‘generic’ available for consumers.

On easy.firmware.com I've discovered there is 3 B535 variants, 232,235 and 932, (none with any 2020 firmware's available) but on the 232 listing there are a few packages of interest..

B535-232-CUST 10.0.1.1(C1440)_Configurable Software_05016JUD.EF
Date: 28-01-2020  | Size: 27.50 MB

B535-232-CUST 10.0.1.1(C00)_Configurable Software_general_05015WSX.EF
Date: 28-01-2020  | Size: 52.18 MB

B535-232-WEBUI 10.0.1.1(W2SP7C03)_Client Software_general_05015WSY.EF
Date: 28-01-2020  | Size: 6.46 MB

Which look like the software provided to the ISPs providing the routers to create they're own configurable firmwares with router setting pages to allow / disallow specific functionality (ie: bridge mode)

So I signed up to the site, and you can't even download them without paying a subscription!

Sponsored Links
Think I had the same issue with that site and B525 firmware, so gave up and went elsewhere. I now have bridge mode on my B525.

This is the readme file from the package I found, no idea where though !!

Not for the faint hearted and no idea if the same package exists for the B535.

How to flash new firmware on Huawei B525 LTE router.
Firmware 11.182.61.00.778 is included - this includes bridge mode.

This requires the router to be opened - voiding any warranty.
All work undertaken is at your own risk.

Credit to: http://www.bez-kabli.pl, and forth32's balong tools (https://github.com/forth32/balong-usbdload)
I've just collected the files and created an English write up.

Requirements:
A USB-A to USB-A cable (non-standard cable!)
B525-23a Router (Same method for -65a and -95a models, but you require different firmware)
Huawei Driver
New B525-23a firmware (11.182.61.00.778 included)
B525 USBLoader tool (covers all B525 variants)
Win 8.1/10 Users will also require a registry file to correctly communicate with the router.

Step 1) Install the Huawei Driver pack.
Step 1a) Win 8.1/10 ONLY - merge the BOS_solution.reg to your registry (double click the file and confirm).

Step 2) Open the Huawei Router. Make sure the SIM card is removed first. There are 3 screws in total - one behind the antenna cover and two on the bottom, one of which is protected by a warranty seal. The front cover is clipped on tightly, use a plastic spudger to go around the edge of the cover and release it.

Step 3) Bridge the two test points as you apply power to the router. See image - your points will just be pads without any wires soldered to them. Once the router has booted to the USB Boot state there is no need to keep the points bridged.

Step 4) Connect USB cable between router and PC. A device should be detected by windows with the identifiers 12D1:1443 and also list a COM port.

Step 5) Run the USB_Loader.cmd file. This sends a payload to the B525 which then boots into Firmware mode. The LEDs should change. Do not disconnect the USB cable.

Step 6) Run the Firmware update executable file. 11.182.61.00.778 is included with this archive. This will take some time.
Step 6a) Alternatively, you can run the Manual Firmware Flash file.

Step 7) Unplug the USB cable and reboot the router. Connect as normal to the web interface. The default login is admin:admin. A short wizard will automatically prompt you to change some settings, including changing the password to something more secure. The language can be changed at the top right. It is advisable to perform a factory reset at this stage.

Ah, interesting. So the jumper process basically allows you to overwrite the existing firmware without the router checking the file for a vendor ID (like if you did it directly via the routers web UI).

It appears the creator messed about with the USB Huawei firmware tool too, so it'd allow the upgrade.

Yeah, it isn't for the fainthearted!

Though I did find the editor tool, which one could effectively modify an existing firmware with and then overwrite their own in the router web UI.....

qhuaweiflash

Graphic utility for flashing modems and routers by HUAWEI and editing firmware files

This utility is intended for:
  • Firmwares of huawei modems that support a firmware protocol similar to that used in modems on Balong V7. Including full-fledged work with digital signatures of firmware is implemented.
  • Editing firmware images. You can view, add, delete, change individual sections, change section headers. Implemented editing of partition images in HEX code and, in part, in format mode (if the section has any meaningful format).
  • Usbloader downloader downloads using patch patches.

The utility is built on the Qt graphics package, and is a windowed version of the utilities balong_flash, balong-usbload, and also a firmware editor.

Might work on the B535 too then...... I'm certainly not going to brick my router trying it though :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just got a used european 535 off ebay, it has bridge mode on it

2222222222222.jpg

Balb0wa, did you just upgrade your B535 router from the Web UI to 10.0.1.1 (H191SP1C801) or did you just buy it from ebay and thats what it came with??

Whats the model number of the B535 out of interest?

Balb0wa, did you just upgrade your B535 router from the Web UI to 10.0.1.1 (H191SP1C801) or did you just buy it from ebay and thats what it came with??

Whats the model number of the B535 out of interest?
It’s there in the pic - B535-232. Whatever operator gave this device out in the first place before it was sold on eBay had the bridge mode enabled in their firmware.

Sponsored Links
On my new reflashed B525 with bridge mode it tells me an upgrade is available, when I upgraded Bridge mode was missing so I had to reflash to get bridge mode back.

No i bought another from ebay, i got one free with my 3 sim for £17 a month, and ive just bought an unlimited EE sim , so i got another 535 off ebay for £95, its european and came with a 2 pin plug.

Not sure on the model number, just says 535 on it.
b444.jpg

Thats interesting because here is mine...

Hardware version WL1B535M
Software version 10.0.1.1(H191SP4C983)
Web UI version WEBUI 10.0.1.1(W2SP3C21)
Configuration file version B535-232-CUST 10.0.1.2(C21)

Which confirms it's totally down to the firmware in use and possible to update mine to get bridge mode to work.

I don’t know if any of the flashing apps support it but you could switch your Vendor ID and in the ne t firmware release you’ll automatically get that firmware.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules