Sponsored Links

Positive impression

I did a lot of research before deciding on (relatively obscure) DST as my broadband ISP. Their service to date is very professional with a bang on time ADSL connection. You phone them, they answer immediately and you speak to someone intelligent who answers your questions. What more can you ask? ...... oh yeah, thier cheap too.

All this for £16.95 including all UK landline calls and a reduced rate lin rental.

I think they are excellent and have recommended them to several friends.

Front page:

Unlimited 8Mb Broadband

Not even a little asterisk which leads to "Terms & Conditions apply" or "Fair Usage policy applies" in miniscule print elsewhere on the same page.

But, of course, if you click the link to find out more, all of a sudden an asterisk gets added to "Unlimited" and we find:
* Fair usage applies.

And, on digging a bit deeper, "unlimited" only means "unlimited off-peak" - in peak hours (6 p.m. to 11 p.m.) it's a 20GB limit.

I don't mind limits, but I don't like liars. I wouldn't use somebody who puts such a blatantly untrue statement on their front page on principle.

Sponsored Links
I too have recently joined DST. I have found the customer service to be excellent. I had an immediate reply on each of the three times I telephoned them.

The transfer of the Line was seamless and the broadband connection was made within a few days. I now have a much faster Max connection which has been solid so far - I am now beyond the 10 day set up period.

I expected to receive an USB modem as advertised, but imagine my surprise when they sent me an excellent Netgear Wireless modem router.

My only initial concern was that they use Eclipse internet. However I have had no problems at all. (I do not use P2P systems.)

So much better than TalkTalk who in 9 months were totally unable to connect me to broadband after receiving 4 MAC Codes! I had to ditch them in the end.

:smilet:

Hi All
Has any body managed to get a email address from DST, as I have been waiting for over two months, have called and emailed them, still waiting.

Hi All
Has any body managed to get a email address from DST, as I have been waiting for over two months, have called and emailed them, still waiting.

Waiting for what for 2 months?

Sponsored Links
What I will say is the IP number used in the first post doesn't resolve to Direct Save.

They do not provide e-mail addresses!!

Hi All

I have been trying since January and received vague promises of, next month, next week, tomorrow, until eventually I was told they do not provide e-mail addresses, despite what it says on their site, and I should use web mail instead!!:mad:

CHECK who supplies your "ISPs" internet service!

A few days ago I enquired about migrating to Citrus Telecom (of Bournemouth) as there was no information on migrating on their site. I received an email reply from them (very much to their credit) saying that they were not accepting any new customers at the moment because of problems with their supplier of internet services. Now that I know their supplier is "Eclipse":eek:, it all becomes clear!

I was also considering the joint telephone/broadband deals from DST, so I phoned and asked who provided their internet services; I was cheerily informed "Eclipse":eek:. So they too lost another potential customer.

WHY do so many "vitual ISPs" use poor performing suppliers? The lesson is: before signing up to a broadband supplier, CHECK WHO SUPPLIES THEM!

quote=keymaster;177068]Hi
they have a few - they also have Citrus.
cheers
Key[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules