Sponsored Links

Possible 3 mast?

Nomader

Pro Member
Hi all,

long time reader of this site but thought it’s time to join. I have a few questions I wonder if anyone be able to help me with.

The other day I got a letter from the council informing me of a proposal of the following:

(18.0m Phase 8 Monopole C/W Wrapround Cabinet at Base and Associated Ancillary Works)

From what I have read on the council website this has been approved and no prior approval is required. This will be installed I would say about a 10-15 min walk away from my house.

it appears to be this is going to provide mobile services. I have found out it’s being installed by a company called WHP Telecoms Ltd and the applicant name is CK Hutchison Networks (UK) Ltd. Which I believe is 3 U.K.

So does anyone know if this is going to be a 4G mast/transmitter/tower on this pole. Or if it’s going to be 5G? Anyone have any idea from the description of what’s being proposed.

Also does anyone know how long these things normally take from the moment it’s approved by the council to completion? Is this installation likely to improve signal in doors for me for 3 if I switch to them? Considering the location of this installation?

Sorry with so many questions but just really curious and the council application does not give me much more information. Hope someone here can help.

thanks in advance.

This post would probably be better placed in the Mobile Broadband section....

But yes it'll be a Three mast, though it could also be hosting EE, depending on what the planning application proposed. If its a brand new site then more than likely it'd be Three only.

It will be at least a 4G site, but more than likely it'll have 5G too given its a Phase 8 design. Usually the planning application documents outline what has been proposed.

Time wise it could be months or years, however given the rate that Three seems to be progressing with their new sites I'd think more on the 'months' scale (though as others have found the pole might be installed quickly but then wait a lot longer for it to be completed and turned on).

If this will now be your closest Three mast then you'd expect your signal to be improved, however, its hard to say for sure as it is dependant upon what frequencies the mast will be enabled for, and what your house is made of/insulated with and where and what frequency you are currently connected to Three with.

Do you have a planning reference number (and what council is it)?

Hi,

Sorry I will move it to the other section. I have misplaced the reference number. That’s interesting to know then that 3 are progressing quickly. As I am currently served with FTTC only. I am looking at options such as mobile broadband and if 3 do get better speeds than what I get on FTTC I may switch over once the new mast is live. But it’s good to know that the design will support 5G in future. As currently no network gives me 5G in my area. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes 3 are very proactive with their phase 8 monopole rollout - Lots of good info from Peter
he's also tracked >2000 applications!

I say applications they are aiming to do these under permitted development, coupled with the fact they are only on pavements and verges, access to power and telecoms should make them "cost effective".

They are looking to install one in the village I live in - an historic village and they've tucked it just outside the conservation area but it will still have a considerable visual impact.

I try on balance not to be a NIMBY and support telecoms innovation but this does appear to be sited for cost reasons (after RF propogation/coverage of course).

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules