Sponsored

Possible new customer - few questions

turtles

Casual Member
Can I get a trial without signing up to a contract and without giving my credit card ? your order page has all the graphics missing can't find a secure page to signup at and the URL says http://www.getbroadbandanywhere.com/ but the links point to a http://www.linkslogo.com site, dont think I trust my credit card details in this state or am I being stupid ? wouldnt be the first time.

Is it really unlimited ? 16.99 for unlimited 1 meg ?

I am currently with another provider and have been very happy, why should I change apart from cost ?

Are you just reselling these peoples service:

http://www.broadbandss.com/products_packages.asp

You can PM me but I guess the forum is better for everyone.

BTW I am never going to get any wired solution so I am long term prospect !

Thanks.

Turtles

helper

The link for the site takes me to a secure worldpay page - so yes it can be trsuted as worldpay can be trusted

aqll the options i saw also came with a 1 month trial option.

turtles

Casual Member
Thanks Helper, I found that link.

I am nervous about this with all the links going to a www.linkslogo.com site even though the url says www.getbroadbandanywhere.com.

I went through to the worldpay page and then it said this:

Description 1 Monthly Sky Bird Service
Amount now due £35.00
Date of first payment 2004-July-25
Individual payments £25.99 (Adjustable by merchant)
Interval between payments 4 Weeks

Not happy about the adjustable by merchant, that means they can change it to whatever they want, is this normal ?

Then the interval between payments, 4 weeks is not monthly for a start.

Can you get your money back ok from worldpay ?

helper

yes worldpay are good - you can cancel at any time if they use foul play

all worldpay agreements say adjustable by merchant - but they have to inform you and worldpay before they can do it - your PC must have spyware on - because none of the links here goto linkslogo.com

turtles

Casual Member
Thanks helper

I thought I had spyware, I checked my PC with adware though.

If you go to their site and right click on their links and select properties it says:

http://www.linkslogo.com/MCBB/standard.htm

It also appears in the IE status bar, but its not in the page source.

Click the above link and you will see what I mean. It all seems very suspect to me..

If you can clear this up I would appreciate the help.. I dont think I am being stupid this time :)

UriahHeep

Pro Member
I've followed the link for micronet on a non-Windows machine, and can confirm that all the links point to linkslogo.com. However, the domain registration details for both domains have a common postal address (3 Long Meadow Villas, Ifield Road, Charlwood, Surrey RH6 0DJ) so it's reasonable to assume that they belong to the same people. If you continue to follow the links for payment you do eventually end up at the WorldPay site, which as helper said is used and trusted by millions.

At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious about it, although I do wonder why they just don't use the getbroadbandanywhere.com name in all the links. If you visit www.linkslogo.com directly, you'll find that they sell shirt cuff links. It may be that linkslogo is the one with the WorldPay account as that domain was originally registered in June 2000, whereas the other one was created on November 2003. There doesn't appear to be anything suspicious, but you'll have to make the final judgement for yourself.

micronet

ISP Rep
Hi Turtle,

The 1 Month trial is £19.99 just for the month, we do not currently have facility to pay this online, simply fill out the "Sky bird trial" form with your details and MAC address etc, and we will contact you to take the payment and activate the account for the 1 month trial, we are at the moment making updates and improvements to our site.THE REASON WHY WE CURRENTLY USE LINKSLOGO IS BECAUSE OF THE WORLDPAY ACCOUNT WE HAVE FOR AN ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS OWNED BY THE OWNER OF MICRONET, AND TO SAVE COSTS IT USES THE SAME WORLPAY ACCOUNT. BUT WE ARE NOW GETTING A SEPERATE ACOUNT FOR MICRONET AND HOSTING IT ON ITS OWN SERVER.

We do apologise for the confusion.

Also we are not a BroadbandSS reseller, we are an Opensky reseller, BroadbandSS are just a Opensky reseller who claim to be able to offer the service on a mini-dish (but be prepared for no service in poor weather!!)

Also we apologise if you could not get through to us on the phone, we have a new telephone system put in and its giving us problems, but is now fixed.

Thanks

turtles

Casual Member
Thanks Uriah

That makes me feel a bit better, not very proffesional in my opinion.

Perhaps they sell cuff links and this service, I suppose they have just started to sell satellite then, wonder what the support will be like.

My mates will have a field day if I buy my broadband from a company that sells cuff links :eek:

I hope the free trial is as good as they say.

turtles

Casual Member
Hi Micronet,

Can you answer my other questions please:

I am currently with another provider and have been very happy, why should I change apart from cost ?

Is it really unlimited ? 16.99 for unlimited 1 meg ? I guess not.

I have had another look on your site and it looks like a lot of hidden extra's:

Fair use policy (for Standard package)
The monthly download quota available per month is 500MB "a large chunk of your hard disk" (your monthly download amount of what you downloaded so far is displayed every time you login) once this is exceeded you must wait until the following month of subscription when the download amount is reset to 0 or buy an add-on pack for 2000MB of data which can be used anytime during your subscription (carry on unused Mbytes to the following month), this can be activated at a cost of just £24.99 via our members area.

Fair use policy (for Sky Bird Package)
There is no download limits but the service will have guaranteed speed as with the other services for 300Mb a month of data, once this is exceeded the service will remain offering dependable speeds available on the server, the (Dependable) best effort speeds should still be really good as the Sky Bird packages are on the new e-bird satellite that does not have many users and massive speed capacity. Top up Top speed capacity is also available. You can also buy a 1,3,6 monthly service from our Order Page - & also additional 800mb or 2GB priority limits - contact us )

So for the stupid lay man like me, what package do I need to be on the same as 1 meg unlimited and what would the cost be please ?

helper

yes i see what you mean - however as explained it's a perfectly legit operation

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2387)
  2. FTTP (1966)
  3. FTTC (1584)
  4. Broadband Delivery UK (1540)
  5. Politics (1323)
  6. Openreach (1319)
  7. Business (1168)
  8. Statistics (1028)
  9. Mobile Broadband (953)
  10. FTTH (949)
  11. Fibre Optic (933)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (866)
  13. Wireless Internet (854)
  14. 4G (837)
  15. Virgin Media (799)
  16. Sky Broadband (572)
  17. TalkTalk (551)
  18. EE (548)
  19. Vodafone (461)
  20. Security (391)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules