Sponsored

Post here if you are leaving fast4

Mac

Top Member
^^^^^ I agree that they should have showed some loyalty, I would have happily paid £20 for the 30gb allowance. They said that they could not afford to do that due to the costs of thier suppliers.

Why did they not try to use entanet like adsl24 or titan?

EDIT* Trust me to put little arrows pointing up to the previous post, when they put me on to the next page. :shrug:

passerv

I think this is not a good statement to make in any case, the users who do remain are the ones not exceeding 15gb usage policies, and not dummies as you say it.

on another note

I like my colleagues are trying to help all users who call in, as quickly and politly as possible .However we are getting alot of abuse from users who may have read some posts upon here. It is not necesary for this and it does not need to be directed at the staff memeber who answers the phone to help customers.
I agree with your comments.

Fast4 have always been helpful with problem solving in the past and it is with regret that I'm leaving. Had the 15GB cap been set to say 30GB then I would not be leaving.

When I asked via email for my MAC code it was sent within a couple of minutes and I thank you for that.

Regards.

mp34life

Casual Member
I like myself left because of farce 4's terrible service, lies and downright bulls**t nice to know the ASA have been rollicking them (and yes I do have a letter to prove it) I am with virgin and I do get throttled but unlike Farce4 they were honest, yes virgin are not perfect (i am getting very poor speeds during "peak" which even though it is a inconvenience I can live with in the short term) Farce 4 are a disgrace and there 15gig cap is absolutely pathetic in the days of streaming media, the sooner they are gone the better for everyone, personally I couldnt give a stuff if it upsets there hardworking talking out of the rear staff but u guys screwed me I just wish I could sue the ass of u!!!!!

theazz

Casual Member
it would be better if the staff members on this forum would stop acting like automatons for fast4, you KNOW it sucks, you just wont / cant say it. you guys can still be employees of them and talk like a human being to us other human beings.

IveBeenDone4

Yeah would be nice, if staff would give us true feelings with anonymous names.....

Thing is it wouldn't surpise me if they all get discounted F4 broadband for staff and therefore they are well aware the employer is probably monitoring for such matters.

However, I would point out to staff that you can use such systems as xB browser (which is basically firefox), but it encrypts the traffic between you and the end point - so any monitoring would useless.

Bring on the Anonymous Staff messages......;)

Mac

Top Member
I thought there was only 3 people working at Fast4 Paul, Jonathon and the Boss. Think it would be pretty obvious who posted.

Capped4

Pro Member
The problem is that little is done by the service reps to placate users who have good reason to mistrust the company. Phrases such as "it's in line with your terms and conditions" when referring to making an unauthorised debit from the customer's account 2 days before they receive an email notifying the customer that their monthly payment will be deducted as normal is going to elicit an emotional response.

There is a biblical saying about laying down with swine that seems appropriate.

After the way Fast4 have behaved towards their customers, do you really expect the customers to be reasonable? Don't blame the customer exclusively for their attitude, there is a good deal of provocation behind it after all.

Something Else

Casual Member
I requested my MAC code on Wednesday 5th March, but haven't heard anything from them yet. How long does it usually take to get it?:confused:

I'm going to migrate to Titan as soon as possible. I definitely use more than 15GB/month (probably more than 15GB/week!)

Mac

Top Member
They have 5, i guess working, days. Give them a call and they may give you your mac code over the phone. They did for me. Hope you have voted in my poll.

firestarter

Casual Member
Yup - I'm off on 13th March to ADSL24. What a nightmare to get a MAC code, but 15GB cap per month when the growing use of the internet is IPTV, Internet Radio, VoIP, etc, is just a joke.

I stuck with them through their "troubled" months, and get treated like dirt :(

smithy1983uk

my order process has been going well with 02 all on target for a move over on Wednesday :)

the thing is about the 15gb ive been so careful this month and ive still already used 9.099gb in 10 days i was having a look around some other isp deals and they allow 20/30gb for on peak times and 100/200gb for off peak.

qlp

my order process has been going well with 02 all on target for a move over on Wednesday :)

the thing is about the 15gb ive been so careful this month and ive still already used 9.099gb in 10 days i was having a look around some other isp deals and they allow 20/30gb for on peak times and 100/200gb for off peak.
It wouldn't be as bad as long as the "capped" people could actually use their connection aka not 56k modem speeds. Basically they are saying "Pay another £10 "bolt-on" and we'll give you normal speeds, if not, see you next month" speeds are so bad atm. Pointless being connected. Never seen anything like it. I mean yeah cap the people who go over the limit but by this much? wow..

Capped4

Pro Member
thing is, were getting "congestion controlled" now, at 9Gb - and I've only got until thursday to use the remainder. Can't even do a speed test !!!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
thing is, were getting "congestion controlled" now, at 9Gb - and I've only got until thursday to use the remainder. Can't even do a speed test !!!
If you can prove you are geniunely only on 9gig then complain to trading standards , ofcom and their ADR plus send a letter of complaint to Fast4.

Since they sold you a product, they changed T&C on without the normal 14days notice. Then they capped you to unusable speeds before you hit the limits for the month knowing you would be migrating out in the next week max.
Which is unfair trading in anyones books remember you have the ability to fight this wrong by legal means plus I noticed your review you can update that on the speed issue while still a customer.

Mac

Top Member
Posted this in another thread.

OK don't know if this is going to make sense. If you have only paid for part of a month (part of the 28 days notice),then they wouldn't have given you a full months 15gb, only a percentage of it. This may be why people are getting capped. If you take the extra amount you had to pay, (mine was about £4.25) divide it by .50 (a rough daily cost of Fats4 BB) gives me 8.5, (Which is the amount of days in my final part month with fast4). So I get about 500mb per day with Fast4 I will have 4.5gb of usage for the remaining part of my contract ( 8.5 days after my final full month of payment).

Hope it makes sense.

Eezageeza

I'm definitely going to leave. Like most of you, they have forced me from 60Gb to 15Gb usage and are now charging me £1 more pcm for the privelage!! On top of that, they can't seem to get there billing right anyway, they are not open over the weekend (which is when the faults seem to happen!!), and their tech support is pricey and based in India.

I have 2 questions:

1. How do I go about changing? Do I need to email them to get my MAC code first, and then go through the "close account" section of the website?

2. Anyone recommend an alternative?

firestarter

Casual Member
Bad Boy Pipe

This is just plain stupid - I happen to be migrating on 13th March but at 18:15 today (10 March), with 2.5GB of my allowance used, I receive and email from accounts@njpservices.com essentially saying that I'm being put on the "Bad Boy Pipe"TM The only thing I can compare it to is a 300 BAUD modem :hrmph:

I've purposely kept my useage low due to the new cap whilst I patiently await migration. However, they haven't taken my useage after the 15GB T&C change email was issued into account, instead basing their ruling on my past three months useage. Well, of course my useage was "high" the past three months - I was on a 60GB package FFS!! As soon as they put me on a 15GB package, I reigned in my useage. Oh, and started migrating :)

But don't worry - they go on - I'm invited to contact them over the next 7 days. Er... but only during office hours. The sooner I leave the better.

MJW

Casual Member
Got my MAC code & I'm jumping ship for ADSL24 next Wednesday.

But...

That still leaves me with a week of unusable F4 internet AND I've paid up till the 10th of April.

I've used 11.11GB this month so far, so what I really want to know is, why on earth was I put on ''congestion control'' BEFORE exceeding the new 15GB restrictions?

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
i think its because they wanted you to choose a new package, or atleast thats what happened to me. I complained about it, that i had paid upto x date, and that it was unfair to loyal customers etc, and i got put back to normal.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules