Sponsored

Post here if you are leaving fast4

MJW

Casual Member
i think its because they wanted you to choose a new package, or atleast thats what happened to me. I complained about it, that i had paid upto x date, and that it was unfair to loyal customers etc, and i got put back to normal.
I tried complaining, but they don't care that if I've paid up to date.

I can't prove it, but I think they planned this all along. It was a trap.

They knew full well they would soon be starting these new packages, so they only introduced the 60Gb limit as a temporary 'honey pot'. They did this to lure the evil heavy downloading P2P users (the very people they encouraged with their original advertising) Just an easy way for them to highlight the worse offenders.

My email said I was someone who had "consistently used over 25GB a month". But, if my limit was 60GB then why the hell shouldn't I? That's the whole point of a limit isn't it?- don't exceed it and everything will be fine.

What they really meant to say was this:

We were just pretending, your limit is actually 25GB. If you go over that, real sorry, but next month we will limit your connection to an utterly useless 4kb. This will hopefully force you to either: Choose one of our far inferior & unrealistic new packages and be a good boy in the future.

OR

Sod off elsewhere & use their bandwidth because we've realised that we can't actually afford to support ANY of our original claims.
Really, please just go away 21st century internet savvy user, because the type of user we nowi want joining Fast4 are old grannies who visit the odd knitting site & send one email a week, or a lovely couple from cornwall who book their vegan holidays online & haven't even heard of streaming media, online gaming & bittorrent.

Eezageeza

ISod off elsewhere & use their bandwidth because we've realised that we can't actually afford to support ANY of our original claims.
Really, please just go away 21st century internet savvy user, because the type of user we nowi want joining Fast4 are old grannies who visit the odd knitting site & send one email a week, or a lovely couple from cornwall who book their vegan holidays online & haven't even heard of streaming media, online gaming & bittorrent.
Haha. Inclined to agree. hahaha :D:laugh:

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
my opinion is they knew what they were doing, this isnt the first ISP they have run, the whole idea was to gain a large customer base hence the unlimited wording then eventually cap users in.

Capped4

Pro Member
or a lovely couple from cornwall who book their vegan holidays online & haven't even heard of streaming media, online gaming & bittorrent.
HEY! I'll have you know that Cornwall was one of the first, if not THE first area in GB to get Broadband - we're not all daffodils and Pasties, you know;):laugh:

MJW

Casual Member
HEY! I'll have you know that Cornwall was one of the first, if not THE first area in GB to get Broadband - we're not all daffodils and Pasties, you know;):laugh:
Hehe! I know you were just kidding, but I would still like to maintain that I have nothing against the Cornish. Spent many a happy holiday in the South West.

Capped4

Pro Member
Hehe! I know you were just kidding, but I would still like to maintain that I have nothing against the Cornish. Spent many a happy holiday in the South West.
Nice to see a bit of humour on the Fast4 forum! It's mostly rather depressing, isn't it?

bitgiga

The more the merrier, I'm also one of their so called customers and hope that they go down that 'slippery slope' S-O-O-N!! and u guessed it, I'm going as soon as I get my BIG M-A-C. Don't moan, get on the phone, order your MAC today.

MJW

Casual Member
My mate just rang me to tell me that his parents who I recommended Fast4 to have left.
Very wise parents those & I hope they don't think any less of you now!?

It's a shame though really tghe-retford. You obviously recommended them in good faith because like many of us, you believed the Fast4 false claims.

And now everyone's leaving in droves.

Incidently, I received a lovely brand new PC today. I installed XP, and all the software I had previously backed up to disc & now I've got a very upset machine without any updates. My 4kb connection can't handle downloading the anti-virus/spyware definitions & my system tray is a crying shame.

My weekend is spoiled, so thanks Fast4 - I'll have to get drunk now & I'll be blaming you for my recent alcohol addiction.

tghe-retford

Top Member
Very wise parents those & I hope they don't think any less of you now!?

It's a shame though really tghe-retford. You obviously recommended them in good faith because like many of us, you believed the Fast4 false claims.

And now everyone's leaving in droves.

Incidently, I received a lovely brand new PC today. I installed XP, and all the software I had previously backed up to disc & now I've got a very upset machine without any updates. My 4kb connection can't handle downloading the anti-virus/spyware definitions & my system tray is a crying shame.

My weekend is spoiled, so thanks Fast4 - I'll have to get drunk now & I'll be blaming you for my recent alcohol addiction.
Nah, they don't think any less of me. I think they only used it for eBay anyway and I think my mate may have told them I was planning to leave for Be* Broadband.

I'm heading the same way with building a PC late this month and I plan to reinstall Ubuntu. Sadly the next major update (8.04) isn't until April 24th and that'll be an approximate 1GB download. Around the same time, Be* should be available at my exchange and I know that as soon as I use my MAC from what others have been saying, I'll join the others in the 5Kbps club waiting days for the update to finish until the migration is complete.

I'd have a stiff drink but I am teetotal. :D

Eezageeza

Actually, I don't think they're putting everyone on snail speeds just for requesting their MAC - I have mine and my connection is still ok.....

tghe-retford

Top Member
That's a relief to hear, considering the information I was gathering from other threads with people who had used their MAC.

Capped4

Pro Member
That's a relief to hear, considering the information I was gathering from other threads with people who had used their MAC.
If you have usually used low amounts of bandwidth, you have been moved to another fast4 package, if you don't fit in with what they think you'll use, you get speed limited ( I managed to use 0.06Gb in 2 days with 2 computers networked when capped)

It's the high users they want rid of (could have just asked nicely)

moogaloo

Casual Member
I have now successfully migrated from fast4 to uk online LLU (16Mbit Unlimited £25 pm) and get a speedtest of 1200 kbit Down 750 kbit up ;-)

To be fair to fast4, apart from their rudeness, technical difficulties in cancelling and there lack of notice for their huge change in product. The transfer went through without a problem.

spasmj

Casual Member
Migrated over to Sky yesterday. Only 1/2hour of downtime too.

grj2008

If you're thinking of leaving then please check your ability to cancel your account on their website. When I tried to do it, their system didn't work. A week later when they replied to my ticket, I was able to cancel but they charged me the full 28 days from that day forward, even though I could have cancelled a week before.

Going to ADSL24... should be any day now.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
apart from their rudeness, technical difficulties in cancelling and there lack of notice for their huge change in product....
But apart from that everything was fine!! :)

fcuk4

well at least you're able to leave! I cant !

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2198)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1426)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1038)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (907)
  14. 4G (899)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules