Sponsored

Post here if you are leaving fast4

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
complain to ofcom, l see they put in a cease on your line from another thread, tbh l dont see how they can take a month of service even tho you are leaving.. especially if you leave before the billing date.

Mac

Top Member
:crap::crap::crap::crap::crap: Just noticed they have put my subscription up £1. Only got 5 days left anyway.

Mac

Top Member
I have finally officially left Fast4. I can no longer log into the ticket system. Good bye Fast4, Good luck to all those who remain with them. I am not surprised to see that they are hiking thier prices up to £20 a month for the 15gb package.

tghe-retford

Top Member
I am not surprised to see that they are hiking thier prices up to £20 a month for the 15gb package.
Please tell me that's a joke, because there is no way I can justify that for the cap. The Entanet resellers will easily beat that in price vs cap and even Zen's small business and home office for a few pounds extra beats that. Think "will the last person leaving please turn off the lights".

If that is true, then I beg of Be* to unbundle my exchange as soon as possible. £20 for up to 24Mbps + unlimited usage + email address is a far better deal than what is currently on offer.

Mac

Top Member
Please tell me that's a joke, because there is no way I can justify that for the cap. The Entanet resellers will easily beat that in price vs cap and even Zen's small business and home office for a few pounds extra beats that. Think "will the last person leaving please turn off the lights".

If that is true, then I beg of Be* to unbundle my exchange as soon as possible. £20 for up to 24Mbps + unlimited usage + email address is a far better deal than what is currently on offer.

Sorry to stress you it was a joke, won aimmed at crippling fast4, Ohhh I really hate them. Sorry for the distress caused. I really hope fast4 do go down the drain, but I feel sorry for the customers that are with them if they do.

Eezageeza

£20 for up to 24Mbps + unlimited usage + email address is a far better deal than what is currently on offer.
You could do better with O2 if you already have a mobile phone with them...

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
£20 for up to 24Mbps + unlimited usage + email address is a far better deal than what is currently on offer.
£18 is even better value, which is the acyual cost.

As for o2 - http://broadband.o2.co.uk/

£20/month for up to 20mbps, £15 if you are an o2 phone customer. This counts until the end of this month. The o2 deal is for a 1 year minimum contract, with a £50 charge payable if you cancel early (outside a 100-day cooling off period).

Personally, I'd take the short-term Be contract over the O2 one any day.

Andy

Eezageeza

It's a tough choice:

O2: 20meg download, 1.6 meg upload
Price: £15 pcm (if you have an O2 mobile)
Connection charge: Free
Contract period: 1 year, but can cancel within the first 100 days (over 3 months!)

Be: 24 meg download, 1.3 meg upload
Price: £18 pcm
Connection charge: £24
Contract length: 1 month

Both have no caps.

Depends if you want to save money at the start and risk having unforeseen problems after 100 days....!

Coincidentally, for those of you moving to ADSL24, there is an option on their webpage to see when your exchange is due to be upgraded to ADSL2+...

Last edited:

tghe-retford

Top Member
£18 is even better value, which is the acyual cost.
It's an extra £2 a month for an email address, and some forums I use insist on using a ISP registered email address.

As for O2, I explained in another thread that a contract would be too much and I don't really use my mobile phone to call people, so £10 on PAYG every three months would be a waste (and I would forget). I can't remember when I last topped up my Orange phone, and that was only a fiver.

I'll stick with Be*, whenever it comes to my exchange.
Mac said:
Sorry to stress you it was a joke, won aimmed at crippling fast4, Ohhh I really hate them. Sorry for the distress caused. I really hope fast4 do go down the drain, but I feel sorry for the customers that are with them if they do.
No worries. Over the last month or two, Fast4 have become a joke.

tghe-retford

Top Member
Be* Broadband just sent me an email telling me that from today they are available at my exchange. That's it, come payday in just over a week time (on annual leave too :D) I'll be asking for my MAC.

tghe-retford

Top Member
I officially got my MAC today and I will migrate to Be* broadband on the 4th of July. Independence Day, how apt... :laugh:

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
I officially got my MAC today and I will migrate to Be* broadband on the 4th of July. Independence Day, how apt... :laugh:
yet again, l couldnt help but LOL

babrees

I left back in November last year. Went to Zen who have been GREAT!

Just popped back here out of curiosity. Fast4 are cheaper so wondered if I had done wrong. Am glad to see I did right :D

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2194)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1237)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1071)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (856)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (578)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules