Sponsored Links

Probs Connecting Today

Me too, connection just died mid morning, website down, phones going dead with no answer...

Sponsored Links
From what I gather, near Warrington, but I suppose the actual hardware etc. could be anywhere.

True. Vispa really dont seem to be the type to cut n run, so I imagine they will have it back up as soon as possible.

Hi

I have just been on to BT in Durham to get my MAC and the young lady told me that alot of the internet services have been affected by the floods / weather. In Doncaster the BT call centre has been closed & 800 personel where sent home & Durham are handling most of their calls,:nod: The weather has taken its toll!!!

Sponsored Links
wonder why l cant find much news about it online.. to be honest lve been oblivious to whats happening floodwise as lve not listened to the radio or watched TV for more than a minute or two for months if not years. so lm never really up to date with news unless l see it here or l specifically get told to go to the BBC website or something

Glad to know it's not just me then. Wondered if the weather might have something to do with it - it usually does in this country!!
Am on with a dial-up at the mo, so could be an expensive few days.
Hope they're back on before too long.

They will be back maybe this on entanet might help you all understand.

Major Network Incident: Birmingham / Manchester / Wolverhampton
June 27th, 2007 by Neil Watson

We are currently aware of a major network incident affecting one of our suppliers that has affected our network routing. We have lost our Manchester to London link and our Birmingham to London link which means that all network traffic that would normally route via these POPs is being passed through our Telford POP. Non MPLS customers should still be able to route however may be subject some delays due to the increased amount of bandwidth being sent via Telford. Customers who utilise MPLS will unfortunately not be able to route to London if they are connected to any of the POPs detailed above. We will continue to push for resolution of the problem and apologise for any inconvenience that will be caused.

http://noc.enta.net/

Sponsored Links
I understand Martin from Aquiss has spoken to James earlier today.

Vispa is alive and kicking, however a vast amount of connectivity in the Manchester area is offline due to a fibre fault (other ISPs are having issues to).

If you want to contact them, they can be reached on 08701 624888

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules