Sponsored Links

Question about the right to erasure

CrypticFish

When requesting a right to erasure from an ISP, how specific do you have to be when requesting the data to be deleted? E.g can you broadly request for all of your data to be deleted? Or do you have to list the specific categories e.g IP logs, account info etc? Or even more specific?

Ask what they have first to check and then send it back with notice to delete, there will be logs they have to keep for 12 months regardless of your request.

Sponsored Links
They will only delete information that isn’t require to be kept by law.
I’d refer to their data policy specifics to see what they are likely to retain, or just contact their data protection officer.

what did you do. Are you afraid. Some kind of criminal.

Privacy should be important to everybody, particularly when trying to keep control of your personal data and stopping its abuse for marketing and other purposes. It's often best not to assume an aspect of criminality, there are many reasons why such a right to erasure exists:

Hilariously (and I did not yet close the loop yet) have a comment amount Right to Erasure with Smarty.

Having had a major disagreement with their parent, well Three one of my retaliation measures was to leave Smarty. (and Three at contract end also)

I followed the Smarty website but it would just not close my account down.

So I messaged / email using right to erasure.

Then followed lots of emails to a supposed diligent offshored IT team.

I reminded them that after they sent me the ALL DONE email they would need to delete my details.

So they told me they deleted my account.

HOWEVER they have subsequently sent me numerous courteous emails, so they clearly still have my information!

I intend to close the loop by emailing them in a week or two. Hopefully they will answer something like: Who the hell are you :)

Hilariously (and I did not yet close the loop yet) have a comment amount Right to Erasure with Smarty.

Having had a major disagreement with their parent, well Three one of my retaliation measures was to leave Smarty. (and Three at contract end also)

I followed the Smarty website but it would just not close my account down.

So I messaged / email using right to erasure.

Then followed lots of emails to a supposed diligent offshored IT team.

I reminded them that after they sent me the ALL DONE email they would need to delete my details.

So they told me they deleted my account.

HOWEVER they have subsequently sent me numerous courteous emails, so they clearly still have my information!

I intend to close the loop by emailing them in a week or two. Hopefully they will answer something like: Who the hell are you :)
They told me they had deleted my customer information when I closed the account...... I could still log in with my email and password and it takes you to a page that says 'Your account has been closed, you can still view your previous payments'. They also send me emails almost monthly now giving me free offers to go back to them. I might one day, only when they properly support Xiaomi for VoLTE and VoWiFi.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules