Sponsored Links

Questioning Vispa's "unlimited" 8Meg

Hey guys Im new here! and my 1st post should be an interesting one! :D

On the homepage of ISP review there's a logo that advertises Vispa's "unlimited" 8M package for £26.99 a month.

I thought i'd have a wee looky into this true it looks good BUT the website contradicts itself!!!!

This is the page the link sends you to.

vispa18vh.png

Note how it says that it is unrestricted. But if you look further into the website you can find this.

vispa26ds.png

Oooooooooo £26.99 8 meg package appears to have a FUP that we weren't ment to find out about??

answers would be nice aswell as comments!

As the capper, can you post an image of the FUP (just the relevant bits will do)?

I cant seem to get to it.

I await the regurgitation 'we want to keep the service as good for everyone as humanly possible, unfortunatly this means capping the abusers of the service.' etc etc.

It doesnt matter what you cap it at, be it 1 gig or a 1000, point is, its still not unlimited.

Oh and I have just PM'ed the Vispa rep on this forum, Id like to see what he has to say.

Questions for Vispa:

I will be downloading constantly. My family listen to radio, I download things for my friends who are on dialup, I like newsgroups, I like to download music all the time (free bands promo stuff), and to cut a long story short, I will be maxing out my connection pretty much all the time.

Presumably I wont hit a limit or suffer from any restrictions due to my downloading?

If I do, what limit will I see these coming to effect at? Please give me a rough answer, because 'when it starts to affect other users on the network' isnt specific enough.

Is this indefinate, or do you plan to cap this service and keep people paying the same as what they signed up for?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

It helps if you post screenshot's from the same package :shrug:

No Download Limits or Usage Restrictions - refers to the advert on ISPR frontpage which has no mention of 8mb (adsl max). This is truly unlimited.

Vispa Home Max - Does indeed have a fair usage policy @ 25GB or 50Gb per month depending on how much you pay.

Two seperate products.

Sponsored Links
Hang on a minute chaps, if you follow the ISPr ad and click on the sign-up link

you go here:- http://secure.vispa.net.uk/signup/broadbandv2/?service=bbunlimited

If you click Visa home max 25 sign-up link you get sent here:- http://secure.vispa.net.uk/signup/broadbandv2/?service=bbmax-25

(Note the service=bbunlimited on the first link)

Obviously they are not the same package, the ad does say it is a special offer for ispr readers...

I'd still be very surprised if "unlimited" really means genuinely completely unlimited without some sort of fup, I haven't read the T&C, best ask their rep.

EDIT: oops see the rep beat me to it :)

oh ok thanks for clearing that up :)

I guess with all the "unlimited" services that are Flying around i just put one and one together and got three

Like i said cheers for clearing that up :D

Hi,

My appologies, you are quite correct. The two signup buttons are different!

We have fixed this now.

Well spotted!

Sponsored Links
Dopey me got the wrong rep, the one I PM'ed isnt in Vispa anymore (Martin, the helpful bod).

Ahh well.

Id still like the answers to my questions though jormerod, seeing as every single ISP that has offered 'unlimited' offers around this price has either capped them, or folded.

(Thought Id save you scrolling up)

Questions for Vispa:

I will be downloading constantly. My family listen to radio, I download things for my friends who are on dialup, I like newsgroups, I like to download music all the time (free bands promo stuff), and to cut a long story short, I will be maxing out my connection pretty much all the time.

Presumably I wont hit a limit or suffer from any restrictions due to my downloading?

If I do, what limit will I see these coming to effect at? Please give me a rough answer, because 'when it starts to affect other users on the network' isnt specific enough.

Is this indefinate, or do you plan to cap this service and keep people paying the same as what they signed up for?

Many thanks.

I think someone is getting ignored! :shrug: :hrmph:

Yes, Im inclined to agree, especially as I sent him a PM too.

He could just have not checked his emails....

But somehow I doubt it.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, not been near my desk today...

No, there are no limits or restrictions.

As an ISP we dont like hitting our customers with usage bills. We have a tendacy to call and explain that usage needs to drop or perhaps change tariff.

We're quite fair to be honest :)

Sponsored Links
jormerod said:
As an ISP we dont like hitting our customers with usage bills. We have a tendacy to call and explain that usage needs to drop or perhaps change tariff.

so in thoery you are saying there is a restriction if you ask them to lower their usage?? :shrug: :confused:

look foward to getting the Ace Internet customers that have been downloading 2 Terabytes each then! :D and good luck!

I'll assume that was a yes to my last question then.

Be interesting to see how it goes, but you might be lucky, with just ISPR readers on there.

But it also means that if you introduce caps, you will hear about it on here.

Old dude said:
I'll assume that was a yes to my last question then.

Be interesting to see how it goes, but you might be lucky, with just ISPR readers on there.

But it also means that if you introduce caps, you will hear about it on here.

If you look round their website, they don't seem to offer an unlimited 8Mb/s package (unless I missed it) , the ISPR reader special offer is "upto 2048k Maximum Downstream" so the title of this thread is wrong :) as well.

Anyway don't most leeches slither around ADSLGuide rather than ISPr;)

Sponsored Links
I can see this getting messy. Get ready for the traffic management / caps when the leechers start downloading the internet.

Hi,

Honestly speaking, we've not had many subscriptions. :shrug:

We're experimening with packages/prices as we're launching some nice tariff's soon....

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules