Sponsored Links

Questioning Vispa's "unlimited" 8Meg

yup. the way lots of isps have moved is 24/7 support on 0845 rates.
thats what plusnet offer, and namesco/ndo now. and pipex etc.

except of course that Pipex NEVER answer emails; I have been trying to get a reply since Christmas.

Service hours

Just to add to this,

if you have a good ADSL provider " like vispa " you dont need 24/7 support, a good service from an ISP doesnt warrant 24/7 tech support. Besides vispa couldnt warrant a 24/7 turn over of phone calls as to be honest we dont get that many. Yeah we have our busy periods as do all ISP's but the number of out of hours calls we receive is very little.

We do offer techincal support till 7pm monday to thursday and till 5pm on friday, we also offer 24/7 ticket support which myself and the other support answer answer over the week ends.

As a question though, maybe some one can answer this for me, how many of those 24/7 providers offer a UK 24/7 service?

Kind Regards

Alan Sherlock
Vispa Internet Limited
Technical Support

Hello.

I saw the topic on the general complaints forum and came to your specific one here and found this topic and have some questions.

Is this offer still running?
I am caught up in the V21/Biscit disaster and as such I am looking for an ISP when my line is freed (if it ever is :/)

If this offer is not running perhaps you could advise me what package you offer would be suitable.
I am a heavy user, I download a lot and play many online games, I do not have a specific amount I could tell you how much I use as I have never checked, but I was using Freeserve/Wanadoo a year or so back and they cut me off (believe they had a 30gb cap.)
Ideally I'd prefer not to have any limits as I really don't know how much I'd use, but if I did break a limit would I be cut off or would you contact me about it?

Also, speed I'm not too worried about, I'm happy enough with a 1mb connection like I have now (my connection can only support 2mb or 3mb with MAX.)

This offer seems to me like its something I would consider, however the page is not there anymore.
I also feel I have been let down badly by my current ISP and the circumstances around it and I'd hope that an ISP that has representatives posting on this forum would be much better.

EDIT:
Something I forgot to mention, what would be the cost of signing up with you?
This is because I won't have a MAC key for reasons I'm sure you're aware of due to whats going on with V21/Biscit and Netservices.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that the problems I was having with Vispa and incorrect speed aloocation have all been resolved within 24 hours. If you are thinking of migrating, I can't recommend Vispa highly enough. They've given me everything they promised, and have technical support available all day until 7 o'clock.

Thankyou Vispa!

Sponsored Links
Have you tried using this forums private messaging feature to contact one of the Vispa reps?

Robojoe,

sorry its taken a while to get back, sure we can accomodate for you, yeah the internet is getting alot more content orientated but so are ISP's and vispa openly welcomes customers who atleast tell us the truth.

we can do the 8Meg unlimited, totally unlimited no restrictions or traffic shaping for as little as £26.99 per month, if you need any more info on this please give the office a call on 08701 624 888 for further information.

Hello.

Thank you, I shall do that, seems the telephone line is closed now and guess I won't be able to talk to someone until Monday? (Unless its active in the weekends, I'll try tommorrow anyway)

I probably should have PMed, but thought this was the right thread to ask about this in, sorry about that.
I will if this thread becomes a bit spammy with quesitons, but a couple I would like to ask here as I can't contact anyone on the phoneline :)

I really don't know much about this, especially as my connection is only able to go up to 2mb or 3mb with this MAX thing (no idea what that is either to be perfectly honest) but would that £26.99 for this unlimited be at a 1mb speed and I'd have to pay more for for a higher connection speed?
For example what would it be at 2mb? Or would it be the same price up to 8mb?

I assume from this thread that this one you're offering ISPreview people (and hopefully myself) a service with no fair use policies or download quota's, etc, is what it sounds, just unlimited downloads, etc?
This is different to the other services you offer on your website which do have limits, correct?

I'm not saying I'd be abusing it but I pretty much leave my computer online all the time, and I play a lot of online games and download videos mostly related to those.
I can't say how much I would download in a month or so, but I would hope if you do have some kind of limit here I wouldn't break it.

Also, as I'd be starting a new connection with you when the cease on my line is carried out, how much do you charge to start up a connection and how long would that usually take?

I'm sorry for all the questions, and I will telephone as soon as I can, its just I find it easier to phrase things in text than when I'm on the phone, especially as I'm pretty wary about my connection considering all the problems that have gone on lately with Netservices & V21/Biscit.

Regards
Joe.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules