Sponsored

random dropouts

stealth_worm

Top Member
I am getting horrendous connection drops over the last few days. 1 min, web pages load, the next all I get is, web page cannot be found messages. tried on 3 PC's sharing the connection, same for all.

I am getting a bit cheesed off with UKOnline. I have been with them over 1.5 years, with very little hassle. but since I asked for my connection to be downgraded to 1mb from 2mb about 1 month ago now. I have had, slow downloads speeds, bad latency, and my connection speed is only 576k, not 1mb. I have emailed a few times, and the response was good, but I keep being given numbers to ring which so far has got me nowhere. 1 of which was for Sky. although they do own Easynet/UKOnline, they are run separately. other number I get no answer. either that, or get put on hold for ages by ringing the technical help line.

I'll have another go at trying to get these problems resolved in the week. if I get nowhere, I'll look around for another ISP.

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
Noooo. Dont leave us Stealth Worm.
Never ask to be downgraded. Im pretty sure they simply slow down your line, which is not entirely accurate in getting you exactly 1mb. Whereas when upgrading, they try and get the maximum out of your line.
My 2mb is still holding up fine. 1 Year on and no problems to report at all.

Ive a freephone number that should work, I dont want it abused, so Ill pm you it.

stealth_worm

Top Member
well I downgraded cause I need to save money. it was either that or go somewhere else cheaper. it is true, you get what you pay for. but I did not need 2mb speed anyways. of course, if I knew downgrading would have resulted in this, I would have just asked for a MAC.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
well I downgraded cause I need to save money. it was either that or go somewhere else cheaper. it is true, you get what you pay for. but I did not need 2mb speed anyways. of course, if I knew downgrading would have resulted in this, I would have just asked for a MAC.
Normally downgrading the line would make it more stable, what are the line stats you could be so close to the exchange that you are getting "bounce back" thats where the signal hits your router and then bounces back to the DSLAM in the exchange knocking the connection out.

stealth_worm

Top Member
Port---- Status-------TxPkts----RxPkts--Collisions--Tx B/s---Rx B/s---Up Time
WAN----PPPoA--------6795------7758------0--------71------589----03:14:48
LAN-----100M/Full-----9936------3945------0-------243------47-----03:15:19
WLAN----54M--------10454------3724------0-------447------43-----03:15:11

ADSL Link------------Downstream--------Upstream
Connection Speed------576 kbps----------288 kbps
Line Attenuation--------11 db--------------4 db
Noise Margin------------31 db-------------30 db

they are the stats. connection is 576k, when it should be 1mb. use to be on 2mb, with no hassles what so ever.

stealth_worm

Top Member
ok connection has stabilized now. has been ok for the past 5 days. but I still getting 576k. rang ANOTHER number given to by UKOnline. the guy had no idea why they had given me this number, so he gave me another to ring to sort out the speed problem. and guess what, they were nothing to do with UKOnline either, and too wondered why I had been given this number.

one last stab at actually getting through to someone that can help me out. if not, bye bye UKOnline.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules