Sponsored

Recommend Demon?

Paul2724

Casual Member
Hi

I am thinking of switching from BT Openworld to Demon, largely to get rid of the 120hr surftime limit.

I access the internet via a HH connection, usually @ 64k.

Would existing Demon users recommend the ISP?

Thanks

Paul.

bouncy

Pro Member
I have been using them now for nearly two years after PlusNet had the night of the long knives. I have HH, surftime anytime and their premier account. Don't have any of the being kicked off probs.
At the moment I am downloading a nearly 600Mb file for work, streaming in at close to the limit of HH.
Yep I'd recommend them.

cgwright

Seem OK

Hi

I've been using Demon for many years now, going back to when Demon took over Cityscape (I was a cityscape customer) so became Demon by default. I would think this was early 1990s. Back then "tenner a month" with 0845 dial up was considered a good deal!

I've always been satisfied with them, and on the odd occasion I've had to use their tech support, they've always been very helpful - even when I was asking about "unsupported" setups like using a proxy server through NT4.

They are currently having some problem with POP3 mail - they are doing some upgrades that are taking longer than planned. Otherwise they seem good.

Not the cheapest, but reliable, would be my verdict.

Hope this helps.

Paul2724

Casual Member
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have now been using Demon for about a week and they seem good. The lack of cut off (I was connected for 6 hours straight last night) and true 'unlimited access' combined with a fast service - well worth paying that wee bit extra for.......

Cheers

Paul.

Dataless

It would be nice if they had a better 128k package tho.....

Cobblers

Pro Member
I'd def recommend Demon.

Like the chap above said, they could do with a better 128K package. But you can't have it all can you?!

The connection for surfing and gaming pings with Demon have always been very good. I'd certainly recommend them every time. The only problems I have with them is that from time to time accessing your email can be extremely slow if not impossible.

But yes, if you want a reliable fast instant connection then Demon is one to go for. Much better than AOL, they also manage to get your billing right every month, which is something that AOL, my old ISP, never seemed to do!? :confused:

Chanser

Yer go for Demon you get what you pay for! :)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules