Sponsored Links

Recommended Routers?

Hi All,

Been a few years since I last logged in to ISPReview...I guess the XILO broadband package I've had since 2009 hasn't given me any reasons to complain!

Here in 2015, I am still a faithful UNO/XILO customer but am making some changes. Fed up with BT's extortionate line rental and call costs, I have just signed up for Uno's 'Talk Surf' package which is essentially the same LLU broadband package I have now but includes line rental and calls at a significantly lower price.

I'm also moving my girlfriend onto the same package as she is currently paying nearly £50 a month for BT line rental, anytime calls and broadband that syncs at less than 1MB! Her line SNR is 6.00dB Up and 6.10dB Down, so she should be getting quite a bit more speed. As usual, BT support were useless and were only interested in hard selling Infinity 2, which is way beyond her needs AND budget.

Now that I've cleared my chest.... http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/images/smilies/laugh.gif

can anyone recommend a cheapish router that would be suitable for the Uno package mentioned above? I'm a bit out of touch with the latest technologies and the choice of routers nowadays is a bit overwhelming...

For cheap, reliable and plenty of features - TPLINK.

Sponsored Links
I have had TPLink ADSL, Cable and Fibre routers over the last 10 years and not had an issue with any of them; I bought the first as a cheap replacement for a NetGear router that melted, and the Netgear was itself a replacement for a Zoom that also melted!!.

I bought and used a TPLink cable router whilst living in China, it worked flawlessly despite up to 46 degree heat, 100% humidity and fluctuating voltages.

I am now installing a wired network throughout my house, and using TPL switches (and a Lenovo NAS).

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules