Sponsored

Recording TV question

kmmoore

Pro Member
This is maybe a little OT, but there is a TV program I want to record to my HD and wonder if it is possible to do this.

The thing is, the program is on a FTA staion on 28.5E and whilst I have no problem moving my dish (motorised) and picking up the station, I have no idea how to record the program to my HD.

I am using a Skystar 2 PCI card and would like to record the MPEG2 stream direct to my PC, if that is at all possible. I was wondering, can I do this ? If so, what software would I need, and how would I do it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.

rruwalton

ISP Rep
Do I take it you can already view video on your pc? Then you basically want to capture your screen. Try Camtasia - It works for me.

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
Try ProgDVBR - http://www.progdvb.com/ -

ProgDVB

ProgDVB viewer is likely the most widely used software for watching satellite TV on the PC. It offers channel categorising, PVR, Diseq 1.0, network broadcasting and auto searching as standard.

Setting up the software is fairly straight forward. Be sure to choose the correct DVB and register the Directshow Elecard drivers during installation. Choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘Diseq’ to set-up the satellite positions. Finally choose ‘Channel List’ -> ‘Channel Search’ -> ‘(Satellite Name)’, wait a few minutes and you are ready to start watching Satellite TV ;)

In the the channel list, green icons indicate free-to-air channels and red icons indicate encrypted channels. A 'V' symbol indicates TV channels, 'R' symbol indicates radio/audio only and a floppy symbol indicates data such as from a satellite broadband service.

To setup the PVR choose ‘Service’ -> ‘Record Options’ and specify the path to store the recorded content. Recording is as simple as choosing the channel and clicking ‘Record’ video tape icon. To pause live TV, press the pause button below the picture. To rewind TV or skip ads, drag the slider at the bottom of the screen back or forth.

Various plug-ins are available for ProgDVB, MyTheatre and Watch TV Pro which include Teletext, Softcam emulation, File Grabber and Diseq 1.2 support. :cool:

Warning: ProgDVB test versions 4.38.6 to 4.40.2 seem to have a recording issue where the video does not appear to be properly synchronised with the audio. When a recording from either version is played back in PowerDVD or Windows Media player (using the Elecard codec), the video gets very jumpy. :confused: ProgDVB 4.26.4 and earlier versions do not have this issue.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2511)
  2. FTTP (2203)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1239)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1076)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (969)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (909)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules