Sponsored Links

Remote access to a router with three data sim

These are the two settings I got with my SIM.
Screenshot_2021-06-11-20-43-18-488_com.android.settings.jpg

I added a 3internet APN using 3internet2 as the name and 3internet as the APN and got an IP in the 188.31 range, if I swap back to the Three 3internet supplied one I get one in the 10.29 range. Seems the setup file sent by Three for the pixel 3a is wrong on the APN or got corrupted on route plus only gives the one APN and as its greyed out cannot be corrected.

Can anyone get port forwarding to work from Three? When I first subscribed it was simply a matter of allowing a single incoming port through my software firewall. Then that stopped about three months ago. Now no matter what I try all incoming ports are blocked.

Can anyone get port forwarding to work from Three? When I first subscribed it was simply a matter of allowing a single incoming port through my software firewall. Then that stopped about three months ago. Now no matter what I try all incoming ports are blocked.
I can’t say for certain but that seems to be a trend amongst mobile providers currently as a security measure. For the significantly vast majority of people an incoming port presents more of a security risk than anything else as most people wouldn’t need to open ports for anything so they’re closed off at the providers end via a firewall.

Of course they’re not just going to open ports for people either, so you’d need an alternative. You have a few options though - if your router or another device is capable you could set up a Cloudflare Argo tunnel (free) or get local network access via Zerotier. Always the VPN option also.

I am using a VPN but I temporarily opened a port, on my Asus Router, to connect to one of my cameras and it connected ok.

How did you connect to it,via the vpn ip or 3 ip?

Sponsored Links
Connected via IP, I hadn't logged into the VPN.
I tested it via a external port open checker and it said it was open.
Once I deleted the port forward entry it confirmed it was stealth.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys.
I have a spare PC and a laptop running Win7 that I haven't touched which also show my forwarded port as closed. I use 3internet apn. The wan IP address is 188.28.xx.xx. If I set up an apn with three.co.uk the wan address is 10.xx.xx.xx so presumably this uses cgnat. Ports are also blocked but that is expected. I have set up a "virtual server" which is what Huawei calls port forwarding but in the past with the B525 that wasn't necessary, it just worked. The only thing I can come up with is that Three disabled it for my account. Possibly because I am using a phone account?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules