Sponsored Links

remotely controlling another PC

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
lm looking for some software that will allow me to remotely access and manage a PC, something safe secure that l can use both locally and remotely.

basically a friend of mine has asked me to help her out with her computers and she is newly online. however one PC is in her bedroom and she would prefer that l could do it without having to go in. which lm happy to do however lve never needed to use such software before meaning that lm looking for something easy to use and install to allow me to remotely manage from another room or via the internet (that way l can help out if necessary while at home without having to visit each time).

any recommendations would be very useful.

I use the well-known TeamViewer (free for personal use) to sort out my self-confessed techno-dummy friend's PC about six miles away if I don't feel energetic or the weather's crap. Found it very straightforward, and it doesn't even get upset by the fact that I'm running a Linux system whereas hers is Windows, it just works.

I'd also go for TeamViewer and you can get a USB friendly version from PortableApps, which is a nice bonus. But like other remote systems you will find the desktop UI to be a bit sluggish, which in fairness is true of other systems too and can't really be helped.

Sponsored Links
seems pretty much most ppl are recommending team viewer, guess thats what l will be installing.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules