Sponsored

roooting mobile phones - technically its a computer :p

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
have obtained a Liquid Glow E330, which should be with me some point within a week or so, however am looking for a trustworthy rooting app, a few years ago l would have used kingroot, however from what lve been reading its not considered trustworthy any more, supposedly it has malware built in that sends IMIE numbers and such back to china.. lm not sure of the validity of the claims but personally ld prefer to use something more trustworthy.

just like my current phone the space isnt all that great so l use an app called link2sd which means l can pretty much move every app to my SD card, and lve found that when l move my SD over to new rooted phones l dont really have to mess around much updating as my apps (as long as lve linked everything) work fine, the other bonus being able to clear up all the logs that take up space in the system directories.. either way any information would be appreciated.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I haven't felt the need to root a Smartphone (Android) for awhile, largely because so many of them now wisely adopt a close-to-default-UI instead of putting their own sluggish crap on top. Plus Android now lets you move most app data to an SD card internally, which solved one of my main reasons for past rooting.

However if you want to root anything then generally I'd follow the XDA rule, if there isn't a guide for it on the XDA Developers forum then don't bother :) . They cover pretty much everything over there, although you do sometimes have to search around to find the right info in their archives (depending on age and popularity of the device).

https://www.xda-developers.com

I don't actually recall ever using a specific app for rooting either (maybe this is a new thing since I last did it), normally every phone just had a different method and custom solution. Mind you there was that Clockwork thing.. oh god that was a long time ago.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Never heard of the Liquid Glow, let us know what it is like to use.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Xiaomi Note 3 SE, and already have a 128GB sd card formatted and waiting for it.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
to be honest is an old phone.. a few models up from my current Acer Liquid E2, was just looking for something that was NFC compatible, with this whole snoopers charter stuff going on lve decided where possible l wish to increase my online security.

the need for NFC was so l could use my new YubiKey NEO with Fidesmo the idea being that l can protect my lastpass with tougher security along with all other sites holding personal details that support OTP and U2F.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £22.50 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2741)
  2. FTTP (2670)
  3. FTTC (1768)
  4. Building Digital UK (1723)
  5. Politics (1631)
  6. Openreach (1592)
  7. Business (1403)
  8. FTTH (1330)
  9. Statistics (1223)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1195)
  11. Fibre Optic (1048)
  12. 4G (1027)
  13. Wireless Internet (1009)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1004)
  15. Virgin Media (992)
  16. EE (678)
  17. Sky Broadband (662)
  18. TalkTalk (653)
  19. Vodafone (651)
  20. 5G (487)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules