Sponsored Links

RT news inaccessible on Three UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaffaMeme

It appears RT news has become inaccessible from Three UK citing an "SSL protocol error". Still seems to work for Virgin Media and giffgaff. Wonder if anyone on any other ISP has lost access?

Sponsored Links
Same for me, works on my BT connection but 3 renders the site inaccessible

Sponsored Links
RT shouldn't be accessible for anyone in the UK IMHO. Maybe kicking Russia off the DNS system would be more beneficial?
Why? Have you ever watched it or read news on it? Not everything is black and white in this world. Growing up in what was considered a "warzone" during the troubles, it was interesting to see how events are framed by the different sides. The British news channels compared to the likes of RTE and even US news sources. By actually living it you get to see how much the media dramatize, embellish and in some cases outright lie to make a story out of something, indeed sometimes they don't even report on events!

If I don't like something or disagree with it I don't watch it! It's simple, you just stop it or turn it over to something you want to watch. No-one is FORCING you to watch it. Therefore, I can't see why everything should be BANNED for expressing a different view on something.

Ukraine has already tried to kick them off the internet by writing a letter to ICANN, which was rejected by them and not a mention of it in UK media. That to ME is news worthy.

If Three wanted to offer this as an OPT-IN service, then fair enough, but I am big enough and ugly enough to determine what is truth, lies or in the middle all by myself. I don't need YouTube, HM Government or Three to tell me what is "disinformation" or not.

RT shouldn't be accessible for anyone in the UK IMHO. Maybe kicking Russia off the DNS system would be more beneficial?

gentle reminder that .su still works !

On another related note, Russia has been preparing to cut itself off from t'internet and make their own "Runet" for quite a few years now.

Sponsored Links
Why? Have you ever watched it or read news on it? Not everything is black and white in this world. Growing up in what was considered a "warzone" during the troubles, it was interesting to see how events are framed by the different sides. The British news channels compared to the likes of RTE and even US news sources. By actually living it you get to see how much the media dramatize, embellish and in some cases outright lie to make a story out of something, indeed sometimes they don't even report on events!

If I don't like something or disagree with it I don't watch it! It's simple, you just stop it or turn it over to something you want to watch. No-one is FORCING you to watch it. Therefore, I can't see why everything should be BANNED for expressing a different view on something.

Ukraine has already tried to kick them off the internet by writing a letter to ICANN, which was rejected by them and not a mention of it in UK media. That to ME is news worthy.

If Three wanted to offer this as an OPT-IN service, then fair enough, but I am big enough and ugly enough to determine what is truth, lies or in the middle all by myself. I don't need YouTube, HM Government or Three to tell me what is "disinformation" or not.
I just don't appriciate the fact that the relentless media spinning everything means if you want to keep up with current events then you basically have to trawl multiple news sources to determine for yourself what is fact and what is fiction. Its debilitating and mentaly agonizing to even watch the news today at the best of times.

News sources like RT,Fox news however are overt Russian Propaganda and IMHO shouldn't be given the air-time because someone stupid or easily influenced will believe them.

First they came for Alex Jones, and I did not speak out—because I did not watch him.

Then they came for RT, and I did not speak out— because I did not like RT.

Then they came for the all other non-MSM news outlets, and I did not speak out—because I only watched the MSM.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Has any RT reporter been arrested in the UK, are there any laws against the reporting of the War in the Ukraine as a 'Special Operation' with a 15 year sentence on the statute books.

Last edited:
Has any RT reporter been arrested in the UK, are their any laws against the reporting of the War in the Ukraine as a 'Special Operation' with a 15 year sentence on the statute books.
Only Russian journalists who've had enough of lying for Putin on Channel 1 get 15 years in prison for speaking the truth.

Sponsored Links
I just don't appriciate the fact that the relentless media spinning everything means if you want to keep up with current events then you basically have to trawl multiple news sources to determine for yourself what is fact and what is fiction.
Well I call that democracy, free speech and healthy debate. People get to air grievance and hopefully things are sorted out before it becomes a problem. (Which is probably why this forum even exists for ISP's) Papering over the cracks and sweeping things under the carpet solve nothing, in fact makes things worse in the long run. You could compile a list of the fiction and lies the BBC have been involved in (Iraq WMD, Bashir, Sir Cliff Richard etc). Can't you see the hypocrisy?!?

I am a huge supporter of net neutrality, open source and open data. As an individual who is interested in international affairs, I don't appreciate Three UK, a ISP interfering with my traffic to render the site inaccessible, that is the problem I have. I have asked them about it and they say that there are no restrictions on my account. They can't even be honest and admit to doing it!

I am guessing this follows the EU 'ban' on RT News & Sputnik dissemination on news, online and social media platforms - the sanction also implied 'hiding' RT stuff from google searches (though that is being disputed and the EU have written to google and while it still shows up in searches Google have removed it from YouTube). Sky removed the news channel from its listings (HQ based in EU). Perhaps the 'almost merger' of Three Ireland and Three UK (under the same CEO) is affecting Three's decision or is it just an across the board implementation with the CK Hutchison Group Telecom – operating 3- branded mobile telephone networks in Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Sweden and the UK - and it's easier to implement as a whole rather than piecemeal? Or perhaps they missed Brexit? Interestingly, while it is 'blocked on Three UK, it is available when I use a UK based location for a VPN but is blocked again when I use a Netherlands-based VPN location. I suspect it's just a typical cock-up in implementation across the Three Group and the details will not be passed down to staff in call-centres.

I use Ivacy VPN which I believe is based in Singapore. Its UK, Amsterdam and Frankfurt servers all allow RT news. I notice that the website has recently added anti-DDOS measures.

Actually I just tried NL free protonVPN and seems to be blocked on that, but US server seems to allow it.

On TOR, Germany exit nodes are blocked, but US seem fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules