Sponsored

RT news inaccessible on Three UK

Norfolk&Signal

Casual Member
Is it just me here that enjoys various hobbies and online groups as an escape from all the misery in the world and indeed the politics? I come here to read discussions about mobile internet and telecoms and to (briefly) forget how horrid things are in the wider world right now :confused:

clivejo

Top Member
Ofcom has now revoked their broadcast licence in the UK
That's old news!

*ponders* If it is no longer broadcasted live in the UK and probably most of the world, does one need a TV License to watch it streamed on the likes of odysee, bitchute etc

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
"Freedom of expression is something we guard fiercely in this country, and the bar for action on broadcasters is rightly set very high," Ofcom CEO Melanie Dawes said in a statement. "Following an independent regulatory process, we have today found that RT is not fit and proper to hold a license in the UK. As a result we have revoked RT's UK broadcasting license."

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
That's old news!

*ponders* If it is no longer broadcasted live in the UK and probably most of the world, does one need a TV License to watch it streamed on the likes of odysee, bitchute etc
Think they just revoked their licence today clivejo, so not really old news.;)

clivejo

Top Member
Well there was a call for it to be banned in House of Commons at least 3 weeks ago! (I think by the opposition leader during PM's questions, but can't find it now and not willing to sit and listen to it again to find it!!)

It then disappeared off Freesat, Freeview and other services on the 2nd March 2022 apparently due to EU sanctions. Ofcom finally revoked the license today, which is hardly any point as it was already off-air anyways!

clivejo

Top Member
Appears that Three are no longer intercepting SSL traffic like before and have now decided to throw a 403 - Forbidden with the word "blocked"

HTML:
<html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<font size="6"><center>blocked</center></font>
</body>
</html>

clivejo

Top Member
Come on, it's hardly a case of that.
It is EXACTLY a case of that! Three ACTIVELY INTERCEPTING my traffic and INTERFERING with it, to make the website inaccessible IS a breach of net neutrality. Worse still they deny doing it!

uknowiama

Pro Member
Three is meeting its obligations to be able to hold a UK license to operate by removing access to RT.
RT's license was removed because it was not meeting its obligation to hold a UK license to operate in the UK.
I believe your grievance is with the UK govt, RT's own governance and not 3?

Simoli

You should all be using a VPN anyways given the direction the UK is heading in, site blocks are just a friendly reminder that my VPN isn't on.

clivejo

Top Member
Three is meeting its obligations to be able to hold a UK license to operate by removing access to RT.
RT's license was removed because it was not meeting its obligation to hold a UK license to operate in the UK.
I believe your grievance is with the UK govt, RT's own governance and not 3?
Ofcom revoked the broadcast license [1]. Three are an Internet Service Provider (ISP), NOT a broadcaster. Three are intercepting my traffic and interfering with it to display a "Blocked" message, in clear violation of Ofcom's rules on "net neutrality". As other members have said, it is not blocked on other ISP's so why are Three doing this?!? Plus, they refuse to acknowledge they are even doing it (they were basically intercepting secure layer protocols to make the website inaccessible), this is entirely unacceptable. What other sites are Three doing this with? Are my banking sessions, HMRC self accessment, other Government services being snooped on?

[1] - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2022/ofcom-revokes-rt-broadcast-licence

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4222)
  2. BT (3184)
  3. Politics (2154)
  4. Building Digital UK (2043)
  5. Openreach (1999)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1253)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (922)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (796)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules