Sponsored Links

RT news inaccessible on Three UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me here that enjoys various hobbies and online groups as an escape from all the misery in the world and indeed the politics? I come here to read discussions about mobile internet and telecoms and to (briefly) forget how horrid things are in the wider world right now :confused:

Sponsored Links
Ofcom has now revoked their broadcast licence in the UK
That's old news!

*ponders* If it is no longer broadcasted live in the UK and probably most of the world, does one need a TV License to watch it streamed on the likes of odysee, bitchute etc

"Freedom of expression is something we guard fiercely in this country, and the bar for action on broadcasters is rightly set very high," Ofcom CEO Melanie Dawes said in a statement. "Following an independent regulatory process, we have today found that RT is not fit and proper to hold a license in the UK. As a result we have revoked RT's UK broadcasting license."

That's old news!

*ponders* If it is no longer broadcasted live in the UK and probably most of the world, does one need a TV License to watch it streamed on the likes of odysee, bitchute etc
Think they just revoked their licence today clivejo, so not really old news.;)

Well there was a call for it to be banned in House of Commons at least 3 weeks ago! (I think by the opposition leader during PM's questions, but can't find it now and not willing to sit and listen to it again to find it!!)

It then disappeared off Freesat, Freeview and other services on the 2nd March 2022 apparently due to EU sanctions. Ofcom finally revoked the license today, which is hardly any point as it was already off-air anyways!

Sponsored Links
Appears that Three are no longer intercepting SSL traffic like before and have now decided to throw a 403 - Forbidden with the word "blocked"

HTML:
<html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<font size="6"><center>blocked</center></font>
</body>
</html>

Come on, it's hardly a case of that.
It is EXACTLY a case of that! Three ACTIVELY INTERCEPTING my traffic and INTERFERING with it, to make the website inaccessible IS a breach of net neutrality. Worse still they deny doing it!

Three is meeting its obligations to be able to hold a UK license to operate by removing access to RT.
RT's license was removed because it was not meeting its obligation to hold a UK license to operate in the UK.
I believe your grievance is with the UK govt, RT's own governance and not 3?

You should all be using a VPN anyways given the direction the UK is heading in, site blocks are just a friendly reminder that my VPN isn't on.

Three is meeting its obligations to be able to hold a UK license to operate by removing access to RT.
RT's license was removed because it was not meeting its obligation to hold a UK license to operate in the UK.
I believe your grievance is with the UK govt, RT's own governance and not 3?
Ofcom revoked the broadcast license [1]. Three are an Internet Service Provider (ISP), NOT a broadcaster. Three are intercepting my traffic and interfering with it to display a "Blocked" message, in clear violation of Ofcom's rules on "net neutrality". As other members have said, it is not blocked on other ISP's so why are Three doing this?!? Plus, they refuse to acknowledge they are even doing it (they were basically intercepting secure layer protocols to make the website inaccessible), this is entirely unacceptable. What other sites are Three doing this with? Are my banking sessions, HMRC self accessment, other Government services being snooped on?

[1] - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2022/ofcom-revokes-rt-broadcast-licence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules