Sponsored

Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme approval delays for CFPs?

tikka69

Casual Member
Same here, to be honest I have about given up now !

I have pretty much lost interest in trying to do it due to the lack of progress.

Oldpronto

Casual Member
Your initial figure will be budgetary and will include their initial assessment of all properties that they can cover with the installation. Remember it is only to block connector terminals (BCTs). This does not connect to your property - that comes when you sign up with your ISP.
In our case we were able to go round the houses and add additional properties to our list. The fact that you have a potential coverage plan means you can try to encourage folk who have not signed up so far.
At some stage your Openreach portal will be unlocked so you can add properties.
There is also the accuracy of records to consider. We found that one property was apparently served by an exchange 30 miles away in a different county - which it obviously is not.
The voucher scheme only pays out on those that sign up.
Good luck.

Millwardt

So it looks like our Community Fibre cost per property is coming through at around £650 - so we’re going to need pretty much every third house to pledge (and a few businesses hopefully) for it to become a reality for us. I’m starting to think that we’ll struggle to get much uptake as whilst there are some patches with absolutely terrible broadband in the quote, a good number of properties have 30mbit or more and probably won’t need the fibre upgrade.

tikka69

Casual Member
Spoke to my BT guy last week and its all still up in the air at the minute, especially with last weeks update.

It is now showing one of the villages off my exchange ( finningley village on Finningley exchange ) as being in plan now for FTTP. Interestingly a guy there had just started a CFP a while ago but was some way behind me.

However my village ( Auckley ) which is fed from Finningley exchange is not in scope.

The issue is my BT contact advised that it is still unclear that if BT annouce part of a exchange area whether the rest of the area is then elligable for vouchers, even under Area 3.

So currently waiting for this to be clarified with the DCMS. It will go one of a few ways.

1. Although it says Finningley at present it may also include my village ( the maps dont appear to be updated at present for the new announced areas so cant confirm )

2. We aren't included in the announced rollout but we will still be able to run a CFP for my village ( awaiting confirmation as above )

3. We wont be elligable for vouchers if as per above its confirmed not possible due to part of the exchange area being annouced.

You couldnt make this up........... :(

tikka69

Casual Member
I think this is the part from gov website they are refering to, specifically the part in bold :

We will exclude premises from any intervention where gigabit-capable networks are available or where we are confident there are committed commercial build plans which will deliver gigabit. This will provide a pool of premises where market data suggests there is a lower probability of commercial deployment and we can therefore target intervention.

From this pool, we will identify premises where we believe that commercial deployment is relatively more likely to take place, even if it is not currently committed, or where the boundary between commercial and un-commercial premises is currently harder to identify. These areas include the remaining premises without gigabit coverage / plans within:

• Ofcom Area 2[footnote 3]
  • Exchange areas with more than 75% of premises already able to access fibre
  • Exchange areas with committed plans (verified through Public Review) to build to more than 75% of premises in the exchange area
  • Ofcom Area 3[footnote 4] exchange areas where Openreach has announced it will build fibre under Ofcom Regulated Asset Base (RAB) measures, and
  • Other areas assessed as being likely to benefit from commercially funded or voucher supported gigabit build

CharmingCent

Casual Member
We might be in the same boat as you tikka. Plans to build in our exchange but they won't come out as far as us.

Seems like a glaring omission as our roads are no more commercially viable than before.

tikka69

Casual Member
Just seen the link under the comments for the further rollout from last week.

Looks now like they have whole exchange areas in plan for where i am, the boundary white lines appear to be where the exchange currently serves i think.

It also appears to search by postcode rather than just choosing a town.

Fingers crossed anyway !

CharmingCent

Casual Member
We're just outside the nearest one, but I think the build-out map is still being worked-on. I guess they need this nailed down before approving any more schemes.

Would be nice to hear that instead of blaming 'unprecedented demand'. Ah well.

CharmingCent

Casual Member
Just seen the link under the comments for the further rollout from last week.

Looks now like they have whole exchange areas in plan for where i am, the boundary white lines appear to be where the exchange currently serves i think.

It also appears to search by postcode rather than just choosing a town.

Fingers crossed anyway !

Any news your end? My last email was ignored. 5 months now for voucher approval...

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £21.95 (*24.95)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £22.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: 12 Months of Norton 360
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £20.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Double Speed Boost
  • Virgin Media £25.00 (*51.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00 (*28.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £29.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3291)
  2. BT (2954)
  3. Building Digital UK (1865)
  4. FTTC (1860)
  5. Politics (1850)
  6. Openreach (1770)
  7. Business (1613)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1395)
  9. Statistics (1366)
  10. FTTH (1361)
  11. 4G (1206)
  12. Fibre Optic (1137)
  13. Wireless Internet (1122)
  14. Virgin Media (1111)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1108)
  16. Vodafone (796)
  17. EE (795)
  18. TalkTalk (740)
  19. Sky Broadband (720)
  20. 5G (690)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules