Sponsored Links

Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme approval delays for CFPs?

Same here, to be honest I have about given up now !

I have pretty much lost interest in trying to do it due to the lack of progress.

Your initial figure will be budgetary and will include their initial assessment of all properties that they can cover with the installation. Remember it is only to block connector terminals (BCTs). This does not connect to your property - that comes when you sign up with your ISP.
In our case we were able to go round the houses and add additional properties to our list. The fact that you have a potential coverage plan means you can try to encourage folk who have not signed up so far.
At some stage your Openreach portal will be unlocked so you can add properties.
There is also the accuracy of records to consider. We found that one property was apparently served by an exchange 30 miles away in a different county - which it obviously is not.
The voucher scheme only pays out on those that sign up.
Good luck.

So it looks like our Community Fibre cost per property is coming through at around £650 - so we’re going to need pretty much every third house to pledge (and a few businesses hopefully) for it to become a reality for us. I’m starting to think that we’ll struggle to get much uptake as whilst there are some patches with absolutely terrible broadband in the quote, a good number of properties have 30mbit or more and probably won’t need the fibre upgrade.

Spoke to my BT guy last week and its all still up in the air at the minute, especially with last weeks update.

It is now showing one of the villages off my exchange ( finningley village on Finningley exchange ) as being in plan now for FTTP. Interestingly a guy there had just started a CFP a while ago but was some way behind me.

However my village ( Auckley ) which is fed from Finningley exchange is not in scope.

The issue is my BT contact advised that it is still unclear that if BT annouce part of a exchange area whether the rest of the area is then elligable for vouchers, even under Area 3.

So currently waiting for this to be clarified with the DCMS. It will go one of a few ways.

1. Although it says Finningley at present it may also include my village ( the maps dont appear to be updated at present for the new announced areas so cant confirm )

2. We aren't included in the announced rollout but we will still be able to run a CFP for my village ( awaiting confirmation as above )

3. We wont be elligable for vouchers if as per above its confirmed not possible due to part of the exchange area being annouced.

You couldnt make this up........... :(

Sponsored Links
I think this is the part from gov website they are refering to, specifically the part in bold :

We will exclude premises from any intervention where gigabit-capable networks are available or where we are confident there are committed commercial build plans which will deliver gigabit. This will provide a pool of premises where market data suggests there is a lower probability of commercial deployment and we can therefore target intervention.

From this pool, we will identify premises where we believe that commercial deployment is relatively more likely to take place, even if it is not currently committed, or where the boundary between commercial and un-commercial premises is currently harder to identify. These areas include the remaining premises without gigabit coverage / plans within:

• Ofcom Area 2[footnote 3]
  • Exchange areas with more than 75% of premises already able to access fibre
  • Exchange areas with committed plans (verified through Public Review) to build to more than 75% of premises in the exchange area
  • Ofcom Area 3[footnote 4] exchange areas where Openreach has announced it will build fibre under Ofcom Regulated Asset Base (RAB) measures, and
  • Other areas assessed as being likely to benefit from commercially funded or voucher supported gigabit build

We might be in the same boat as you tikka. Plans to build in our exchange but they won't come out as far as us.

Seems like a glaring omission as our roads are no more commercially viable than before.

Just seen the link under the comments for the further rollout from last week.

Looks now like they have whole exchange areas in plan for where i am, the boundary white lines appear to be where the exchange currently serves i think.

It also appears to search by postcode rather than just choosing a town.

Fingers crossed anyway !

We're just outside the nearest one, but I think the build-out map is still being worked-on. I guess they need this nailed down before approving any more schemes.

Would be nice to hear that instead of blaming 'unprecedented demand'. Ah well.

Just seen the link under the comments for the further rollout from last week.

Looks now like they have whole exchange areas in plan for where i am, the boundary white lines appear to be where the exchange currently serves i think.

It also appears to search by postcode rather than just choosing a town.

Fingers crossed anyway !

Any news your end? My last email was ignored. 5 months now for voucher approval...

Sponsored Links
Any news your end? My last email was ignored. 5 months now for voucher approval...
Hi CC

No, I am still waiting for the BT REM to confirm whether it includes my proposed CFP area, if it does then it will likely be cancelled.

However I still might have to wait 5 years !

Going to chase them again this week as its been a couple of weeks now, will keep you posted.

Is it just me or has it all gone a bit quiet ?

Chased my REM a couple of weeks ago hoping for confirmation of whether the rollout would cover where my CFP was but still nothing back :confused:

Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything ?

Hi, I got a reply back from my REM this week, saying that they're still working with the Building Digital UK team. So it's clearly not just from the backlog of applications which was the original line.

It would be nice to know what's happening, I relayed Openreach's published timelines to my neighbours and it's getting a bit embarrassing now.

I'll ping Mark J and see if his contacts can shed any more light.

Yeah, I got a reply back at the start of the month saying that some of the applications sat with BDUK/DCMS had now started to progress but he couldnt confirm yet whether the commercial exchange build would affect my CFP area yet, alhthough he thought vouchers may still be available.

He is going to check weekly and let me know.

Your initial figure will be budgetary and will include their initial assessment of all properties that they can cover with the installation. Remember it is only to block connector terminals (BCTs). This does not connect to your property - that comes when you sign up with your ISP.
In our case we were able to go round the houses and add additional properties to our list. The fact that you have a potential coverage plan means you can try to encourage folk who have not signed up so far.
At some stage your Openreach portal will be unlocked so you can add properties.
There is also the accuracy of records to consider. We found that one property was apparently served by an exchange 30 miles away in a different county - which it obviously is not.
The voucher scheme only pays out on those that sign up.
Good luck.
Update on where we are in our village with the rural broadband scheme.
We submitted a new application through the Community Leads Portal of Openreach in April 2021, our original application having not being processed in time for the 31 Mar 21 cutoff. This application increased the number of properties taking up on the scheme.

We then received a new budgetary offer in late April (so quick response) and we replied to this budgetary offer from Openreach immediately saying we wished to proceed to the final offer.

The Openreach final offer was produced in late June 21.

We then were able to contact all those who had expressed interest to commit to the project, completing there Openreach spreadsheet with a value of pledges exceeding the final offer by a significant amount. This was sent to Openreach in late August.

The spreadsheet needed careful control to ensure an accurate record of those who have committed to the project. There is always the added issue of properties being sold or rebuilt.

We are now trying to be patient as the documentation/detail is passed from Openreach to DCMS.

We have a village FTTP website which contains all the detail of the scheme for people to (hopefully) read and understand. Because we have had great take-up of the scheme our total voucher value exceeds the Openreach required value of pledges by the community.

We think the most difficult part is ensuring people are aware when DCMS are about to start making contact. In these days of scam phone calls it will require careful monitoring.

Glad you guys are getting somewhere. No progress whatsoever in my project.

Submitted for voucher approval in January

Just had a reply from mine after dropping them another email, things not looking too rosy now :(

"we may of hit an issue with our commercial model on the scheme. We now have to provide a lot more detailed information to DCMS and the outcome was that there are some high ineligible costs that wouldn’t be covered by vouchers i.e. fibre spine, this has only come to light when the numbers have been re-run.

We are still trying to see if we can do anything to progress this as part of the CFP, I should know within 2-weeks if the CFP can proceed."

Marvellous........

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules