Sponsored Links

Setting up leased line

rossctr

Casual Member
Hi, not sure if this is the right section, apologies if it isnt.

I have recently had a leased line installed and am having difficulty setting it up with my equipment. Openreach installed an ADVA FSP 150-GE102PRO and I have an Edgerouter 6p connected to that via fibre.

Talktalk have provided me with various IP addresses but I am unsure of what and where to enter them on the router. WAN Subnet and WAN default Gateway are the same address then there is Routed IP's Network Number, WAN IP, Routed First Host, Routed Second Host and Routed Last Host (both second and last host are the same address) and Routed Broadcast Address. There is also a WAN Subnet Mask and Routed IP Mask.

Routed IP's Network number(212.xxx.xxx.84) first (.85), second and last (.86) Broadcast (.87) all the same address but last nymber goes up in sequence.

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
The /31 is the point to point address for the WAN port so the gateway address on that is the remote end and the other IP is the WAN IP.

You will need to set up a static route that the /30's next hop is the WAN IP of the router.

What speed is the tail of the circuit and what type of fibre/SFP are you using?

It's a gig symmetrical coming into the house, the fibre between the ADVA and edgerouter is OM3, SFP is a H!Fiber ASF85-24-X2-D

Sponsored Links
Sorry I thought you meant between my router and the openreach equipment. The SFP that Openreach installed on the fibre that comes into the house is singlemode

Sponsored Links
Openreach provided me with the multimode SFP to connect to my own equipment. Sorry if I seem a little stupid by the way, this is new stuff to me.

I guess it was just a friendly engineer? I wasnt about when the engineer came and he only provided one anyway so I just bought 2 matching SFP's

Sponsored Links
Is there any particular reason why? Im trying to learn as I go through all this. There is some kind of transfer happening between the router and openreach equipment so I guess they are talking to each other

Hi Rossctr, we have a 1Gb BT leased line wires only.

From the Openreach NTE to our equipment the fibre is Multimode, which is what you’ve described. It sounds like from this perspective everything is good.

Some makes and models of router struggle with a /31 (expecting a minimum of a /31), as there are only 2 IP addresses, usually however there is a workaround. What is the make and model of your router?

Never heard of Openreach supplying the SFP for customer equipment before
Openreach will supply either a multimode or single mode SFP if a 1 gig circuit has been ordered on the customer interface of the openreach equipment supplied depending on what was ordered by the CP. They do not supply the optical lead that connects from the ADVA equipment to the customer router just the SFP for the ADVA end.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules