Sponsored

Should I stay or should I go...

ClaireB

Casual Member
I phoned VM and they are sending the new hub with no contract change. It's a self install though - they said it was easy. I've read good reviews for the Hub 3 so hopefully it will help.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
I phoned VM and they are sending the new hub with no contract change. It's a self install though - they said it was easy. I've read good reviews for the Hub 3 so hopefully it will help.
Its unplug 2 cables plug 2 in its easy

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yep they all come pre-configured, so are largely plug and play.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Yep they all come pre-configured, so are largely plug and play.
As long as they have pre configured the correct data.

Work had a PlusNet "pre configured" router turn up, it wouldnt work. After a few hours spent with the office trying to find the password they had been sent, it turned out to have someone elses details on it.

Back to the TBB chart, it looks like they might be blocking; that thick red bar means 100% packet loss.
Why would they block a well known line quality monitor - have they got something to hide??

Mark? Do they cheat on IP address's ??

ClaireB

Casual Member

Work had a PlusNet "pre configured" router turn up, it wouldnt work. After a few hours spent with the office trying to find the password they had been sent, it turned out to have someone elses details on it.

Back to the TBB chart, it looks like they might be blocking; that thick red bar means 100% packet loss.
Why would they block a well known line quality monitor - have they got something to hide??

How curious!

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member

VM works differently to DSL services. VM go off MAC addresses not a username and password so the user details will not be a issue.

The TTB chart could also be that the current router is not set up to respond to ping.

I don't know what you mean by cheat on IP's? Do you mean CGNAT?

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
VM works differently to DSL services. VM go off MAC addresses not a username and password so the user details will not be a issue.

The TTB chart could also be that the current router is not set up to respond to ping.

I don't know what you mean by cheat on IP's? Do you mean CGNAT?
CGNAT !!!

Sorry, yesterday was a "non specific" migraine day, and the name just wouldnt come to me.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
How curious!
You get what you pay for, the new owners of our old nursery were idiots; their "IT" expert couldnt even configure the router; as I had agreed to stay on an extra month to help smooth the hand over, I ended up sorting out their stupid decision; including nearly 2 whole days on hold with PlusNets "Dedicated New Customer Help Line", which is exactly the same number they give out for all tech support.

(90 minutes in the call waiting queue - they hang up, so redial and repeat ad naseum)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2366)
  2. FTTP (1917)
  3. FTTC (1566)
  4. Broadband Delivery UK (1529)
  5. Politics (1305)
  6. Openreach (1303)
  7. Business (1151)
  8. Statistics (1017)
  9. Mobile Broadband (942)
  10. FTTH (925)
  11. Fibre Optic (924)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (857)
  13. Wireless Internet (851)
  14. 4G (822)
  15. Virgin Media (788)
  16. Sky Broadband (565)
  17. TalkTalk (545)
  18. EE (538)
  19. Vodafone (452)
  20. Security (387)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules