Sponsored Links

Sky FTTP via Openreach now available to order online

KevTheCoops

Casual Member
Hi,

If anyone else is waiting for Sky FTTP on Openreach it is now showing as available to order via their website, well at least it is for me. I’ve been checking every few days for a few months and haven’t had the option before so this is new.

I’m currently with BT for FTTP but my minimum term expires in October so I’ve been waiting to see what Sky will offer.

Pricing is showing for me as £27 per month for 140-150 Mbps estimated download with 100 Mbps minimum guarantee. An extra £5 a month for Sky Broadband boost and a one-off £10 connection charge.

Showing £35 per month for me
FnanpQc.png

Sponsored Links
When I saw all the posts regarding sky rolling out FTTP to more customers I was right on to the computer. Although I did as some had on this site and checked my address as a new customer for FTTP, I was chuffed to find I could get it. A quick check as an existing customer returned a NO not available at your address. So I phoned sky.
They tell me that although openreach and the sky website as a new customer show's it's available, it's not. Why?

I'd suggest waiting until the end of this month as they're still implementing the full order system before making their announcement, so at present some aspects haven't been properly implemented yet.

Having spent some time with Sky CS (who really need to learn to listen to people) there is currently no Sky internal process for "upgrades" i.e. to move from FTTC/xDSL to FTTP within their systems. They can process a new line just nothing else yet...

As for when that's fixed, "you'll just have to keep checking to see if it's available"

For the record that took 2 hours of calls over 3 days to get an answer, initially, it was "not available at the exchange", then it was "possibly a lack of ports", I nearly managed an apology, after all that time (but "sorry if you feel like that" doesn't count in my book) until someone finally gave me a proper answer, and a real apology for waisting my time (and a service credit)

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules