Sponsored Links

Sky have changed my old number with new one !!!

I am writing to you people as I want to know that my old number which has been changed after the installation of sky broadband service and they assigned me a new number. I was previously with BT. Can anyone tell me that can I get the old number on Sky broadband...

At the time of order I have told sky adviser that I want to keep my 4 year old home phone number and want your sky broadband up on the same number. But on the installation day the engineer told that I have been told to up a new number with this broadband connection which was totally pathetic. This shows that you sky don't listen to customer priorities and facilitate them as per their requirements.

I feel very bad for the first impression of Sky as a whole that this is second time that mistakes are always done by your side and your customers have to pay for that. First time I have ordered for my sky broad band on 23rd October 2014 and after waiting for 14 days due to wrong address the sky box dispatched on wrong address and I have to re-order it for that on 5th November 2014 and this problem arises. Sky people don't have any importance of wastage of time at customer ends. They just want to increase your sale and numbers of customers but don't care how they have their first impression about you and your services.

Now this problem pops up and I want that old number back on my home address as soon as possible. As sky people accept their mistake. what should I do. So kindly suggest me solution to this problem on immediate basis. Can I complain to any regulatory authority to get back my number.. Need solution,.

Sky's administrative systems can be a bit flaky and so it does indeed sound like the problem occurred as a result of the wrong address, which once corrected probably failed to reflect the number porting requirement.

On the other hand we've heard of this happening before when migrations occur normally and personally I always just assume that swapping my phone provider means a 50% chance of the number being lost due to failings in the existing migration process. It could also be just as much the fault of BT refusing to transfer the number, but in today's loopy system the consumer is often never told about this until it's too late.

Anyway, what can you do? Well not a lot, in theory Ofcom says that Sky should be able to put in a number porting request to BT because the number will be sitting in a safe quarantine for a while anyway. In practice the big ISPs might just pass the buck back between each other, with nobody being willing to help. It’s more than likely that BT will just use this as an excuse to try and sell you their own line rental again, but then you wouldn’t be able to take / keep Sky’s current broadband package.

Never the less I think the best thing you can do is contact Sky to see if they can make a number porting request to BT in order to correct for the mistake. You may also need to contact BT to complain about this and ask what they can do because you know, in today’s market, the ISPs won’t talk to one another.. you have to do it for them (*bangs head against wall*).

The good news is that a new migration system is coming in mid-2015 that should solve some of these issues, but obviously that's not going to be of much help to you.

A quicker route to getting calls back to you... maybe raise a fault with BT (don't mention it should have been ported) and see if they can setup a divert on it to your mobile.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Sponsored Links
I'd have said that if keeping your phone number was a condition of contract, which you did make clear, then you have no current contract with Sky because they have not delivered what you asked for by only cherry picking and selectively delivering.

If you're going to stay with Sky, then it might seem reasonable to charge them for the cost of your time notifying everyone of the number change - say a couple of pounds per person perhaps. Or, they could pull their finger out and get the number ported for you as promised.

Or, you could abandon Sky and go back to BT but I'd have thought the chances of recovering the number now are perhaps slim to nil.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules