Sponsored

Sky Max to Be?

Maxell

I've been loking for this answer but can't get definite info. Obviosuly, I don't want to jump ship and then wait weeks with no BB.

What is the process for me moving from Sky Max (LLU) to Be? Anyone done it or heard of problems?

Thanks for any help :smilet:

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
you can get a MAC to migrate from SMPF to SMPF based LLU connections which both Sky and Be* use. :)

Maxell

Thanks for the quick reply :)

So, essentially, it should be a fairly smooth operation like non-LLU to non-LLU as I've experienced previously (ie no or very little (60mins) down time)?

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Will my broadband service be disrupted if I transfer from another provider to Be?

The format of MAC keys that we accept are: 4 letters, 7 numbers/2 letters, 2 numbers, 1 letter. We do accept LLU MAC keys but not ones that start with LLU. We also accept MAC keys that start with BPIP and FTIP but these need to come from an IP stream provider.

Link.

Maybe not so smooth, you might want to double check.

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
yeah, but is the FMPF or SMPF? there is no migration process from FMPF to SMPF but there is from SMPF to SMPF based LLU I'm sure.

I must emphasise this bit.

be* said:
We do accept LLU MAC keys but not ones that start with LLU.

if I remember right, an Ofcom ruling said LLU migrations (SMPF to SMPF) are now to be made as smooth as possible like its IPStream counterparts.

Maxell

Hmmm. Still not definitive then and you guys sound like you know what you're talking about :)

Surely people have moved from Sky to Be? I'll need to try and find one!

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
The best thing might be to try it and see.

Just make sure you only ask Sky for a MAC, and not for your account to be cancelled, if all goes well then your Sky broadband should be terminated automatically when you switch over to Be*.

If your MAC doesn't work for some reason and isn't used, then your Sky broadband should be unaffected.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
if I remember right, an Ofcom ruling said LLU migrations (SMPF to SMPF) are now to be made as smooth as possible like its IPStream counterparts.

Due to "equivalence" BTW's IPstream product is treated as SMPF and handled on the same ordering systems.

Unlike an IPstream - IPstream migration an engineer will have to visit the exchange, and of course BE will have to have spare capacity at the exchange or they won't accept your order.

http://www.undertakingsbulletin.com/april_2006/ipstream_equivalence_of_inputs_eoi_in_practice

Maxell

Thanks for all the comments :)

I dropped Be a message via their contact form yesterday and just got:

"You can switch to our service with a MAC code from Sky and there shouldn't be problems. The downtime usually is a couple of hours only in the connection day."

First, good service for over the weekend plus I'm happy they say that. They also answered my other queries too. Looks like my move to Be is full steam ahead.

I'll keep the email just in case ;)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3667)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules