Sponsored Links

Sky / Openreach nightmare.

Qitarah

Hey,

My family and I moved into a new build on the 28th of June, we ordered a phone line and broadband connection via Sky on the 29th.

An Openreach engineer was suppose to come out on the 12th of July but nothing materialised.

Since then no new date for installation has been given, someone did briefly mention about the next update being on the 10th of August?!

Sky have told me at least 3 different reasons for Openreach being unable to connect us, from not having the right equipment, a fault in the line and some other random excuses.

I even tried Openreach on Twitter without much success.

The maddening thing is the next door neighbours who moved in on the same day, ordered internet on the same day, virtually identical houses have had internet for weeks now.

Is this just how it is? Am I totally stuck with out internet for an unknown amount of time, without being able to do anything, the only people that I can complain to (Sky) seem to be able to do nothing at all. They can’t even provide proper feedback on why there is even a delay.

The system seems so broken and it’s very frustrating.

Hi Qitarah,

If you don't mind sharing your address with me privately (just 'Start a Conversation' by clicking my username on the left) then I can try asking Openreach's higher-ups if they're able to find out the status.

The system seems so broken and it’s very frustrating.

I feel your pain! Openreach are a law unto themselves and hide behind operators who have to take the flak for how incompetent they are!

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules