Sponsored Links

SkyDSL - Pure Hell

Hi,

SkyDSL is the absolute worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Let me give you a few reasons why:

I bought the professional package over three months ago, and since then, I've had no more than about 10 days of actual web access using the service.

I've had just about every problem imagineable with SkyDSL customer service, their hardware and their software. A few details shown below:

- The hardware was delivered a week later than advised

- The dish and fitting bracket they sold me did not fit properly and required bending out of and back into shape

- They do not provide any support over the phone at all - I knew this before ordering, and didn't see it as a problem as they assured me that email support was provided within 2-4 hours (during office hours). This simply isn't true. I've sent a number of emails including complaints, the replies to which have taken anything from 24hrs to over 2 weeks. I currently have an open complaint with them which they are seemingly refusing to acknowledge at all, regardless of sending over 10 chase emails.

- They have cut off their UK sales phone line - I can only assume that they got sick of people trying to get support - as soon as they realise you're a current customer they say "I can't help you, nothing I can do" and hang up.

- The FAQs on their website states a set up time of 1 hour - mine took 3 months (I have a degree in information systems, so user incompetence should not be a major issue)

- They advise you to use a compass to get the correct signal - I was told to 'aim the dish south' and move it around until I get a signal - this is utter rubbish - 3 compasses and hours up a ladder later I ended up paying a satellite installation engineer to align the dish correctly at 'Eurobird' (as advised by SkyDSL), costing £40. Still no signal. It was only after further research on the web that I found that there are 3 different Eurobird satellites which SkyDSL had omitted to tell me. My dish was pointing at Eurobird 1 (the engineer was only experienced in TV, so I had to call him out again costing a further £20.

- The software conflicted with just about everything in my PC. I've never known a piece of software like it. I even reinstalled windows completely 3 times, to start with a 'clean slate'. One minute the set up would work, then after a reboot, nothing. This was the same on two different PCs. After two months of almost nightly fiddling around with every setting known to man, I was on the brink of insanity.

- Finally, when I actually got that first connection up and running, no thanks to SkyDSL's so called support or less than useless install manual, everything was great. Blood pressure went down and the download speeds were absolutely phenomenal. However, everytime I left my PC on overnight to take advantage of the unlimited download speeds, the PC would reboot in the middle of the night, cutting all my downloads on IRC. I couldn't place this problem on anything but the SkyDSL software - I ran thorough spyware & antivirus checks, and had not had this problem before.

I've now been waiting for a response to an enquiry and complaint for over two weeks. I have chased and chased and chased. I've chased from different email accounts, and even via their website. Still, I've heard nothing. Until they respond, I can't get online (my SkyNumber has mysteriously changed so I can't get where I need to on their website to pay my bill). So, I've now gone with another provider - slower connection but cheaper, more reliable, and accessible via phone for support.

I'm sure that there'll be some of you out there who find it a great product, and it is - its just the company behind it I warn you about.

Anyone had similar trouble with 'em?

Finley

Rather than go to straight to SkyDSL, you should sign up with us as we resell their systems but offer business hours telephone support.

www.getbroadbandanywhere.com

I wish I had...

I've actually signed up to your 2mb service on Opensky now, just waiting for my activation email.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just to update anyone thinking of going with SkyDSL - they are STILL chasing me for money, saying that I'm tied into a 12 month contract, theres nothing I can do about it and that if I refuse to pay, they'll put the account to a collection agency. This, I might add, is in response to yet another complaint I sent around 2 months ago - when asked why they have taken two months to reply, they said 'I don't know, not my department'.

I also demanded to speak to the manager/supervisor - I was told I couldn't as 'his English is for reading and not for speaking'!!! Like thats my problem...

They are in fact harrassing me, and I will take legal action if they continue - this did not bother them either.

You have been warned - these people are shockingly bad.

buyer beware

I Paid skydsl Ireland 246.75 Euros On 24.july.07 And As I Write Write This The Telecom Regulator IS Investiging Them . They Do Not Return Calls Or Emails ...and As Yet I Have Not Been Connected . So Anyone Thinking Of Paying Money To This Company Might Want To Think Again

Finley,

You have my complete sympathy. The frustration with Sky customer services is something I can relate to fully.

Search out my name and read my post, its unrelated yet very similar.

Dawn

Sponsored Links
Teles SkyDSL is a German co nothing to do with Rupert or Sky Tv.

I'm looking for a good one way sat internet provider at a reasonable price for home use.

MicroNet uses the SkyDSL Platform

Our service uses the SkyDSL platform, but we offer differant services to them, and we offer full UK based technical support, its worth going with us if you want any issues resolved quickly, we have been supplying the UK market with sat internet since 2003, check out our services @ www.getbroadbandanywhere.com or call Crawley 01293 863 864

Any questions, let me know.:)

Kind Regards

SkyDSL Hell

I have a similar problem with SkyDSL. They have told me I have no option but to continue paying them for another year even though I do not use their services. Can anyone out there help with advice etc?

Sponsored Links
skydsl what can I do?

Teles skydsl changed its name to HOME INTERNET UK LIMITED on the 11th April 2008. Their web site is www.hiconnect.co.uk and like the previous skydsl web site is still 'under construction'

I have been threatened by a German debt collection agency with proceedings in the German courts :eek: for money they claim is outstanding to skydsl uk. I am advised that the failure to provide access to my account whilst the skydsl web site was 'under construction' for at least December 2007 -April 2008 (if anyone has more accurate data I would appreciate this) constitutes a breach of contract on their part.

I have invoiced both skydsl for my costs in trying to cancel my account and generally communicate with them and the German debt collection agency for my costs incurred preparing copies of unanswered recorded delivery letters to skydsl.

My subscription was by direct debit against a credit card which you cannot cancel. I contacted the security team at my credit card company and explained the situation with skydsl. I understand that they too were unable to obtain a response from skydsl so cancelled my credit card and re-issued it with a new number before the next payment was due.

Others sufferers may find this an interesting approach;).

Scrapin

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with SkyDSL. They have told me I have no option but to continue paying them for another year even though I do not use their services. Can anyone out there help with advice etc?

Maybe we can help you next time.

Broadband via Satellite installations

Hi,

SkyDSL is the absolute worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Let me give you a few reasons why:

I bought the professional package over three months ago, and since then, I've had no more than about 10 days of actual web access using the service.

I've had just about every problem imagineable with SkyDSL customer service, their hardware and their software. A few details shown below:

- The hardware was delivered a week later than advised

- The dish and fitting bracket they sold me did not fit properly and required bending out of and back into shape

- They do not provide any support over the phone at all - I knew this before ordering, and didn't see it as a problem as they assured me that email support was provided within 2-4 hours (during office hours). This simply isn't true. I've sent a number of emails including complaints, the replies to which have taken anything from 24hrs to over 2 weeks. I currently have an open complaint with them which they are seemingly refusing to acknowledge at all, regardless of sending over 10 chase emails.

- They have cut off their UK sales phone line - I can only assume that they got sick of people trying to get support - as soon as they realise you're a current customer they say "I can't help you, nothing I can do" and hang up.

- The FAQs on their website states a set up time of 1 hour - mine took 3 months (I have a degree in information systems, so user incompetence should not be a major issue)

- They advise you to use a compass to get the correct signal - I was told to 'aim the dish south' and move it around until I get a signal - this is utter rubbish - 3 compasses and hours up a ladder later I ended up paying a satellite installation engineer to align the dish correctly at 'Eurobird' (as advised by SkyDSL), costing £40. Still no signal. It was only after further research on the web that I found that there are 3 different Eurobird satellites which SkyDSL had omitted to tell me. My dish was pointing at Eurobird 1 (the engineer was only experienced in TV, so I had to call him out again costing a further £20.

- The software conflicted with just about everything in my PC. I've never known a piece of software like it. I even reinstalled windows completely 3 times, to start with a 'clean slate'. One minute the set up would work, then after a reboot, nothing. This was the same on two different PCs. After two months of almost nightly fiddling around with every setting known to man, I was on the brink of insanity.

- Finally, when I actually got that first connection up and running, no thanks to SkyDSL's so called support or less than useless install manual, everything was great. Blood pressure went down and the download speeds were absolutely phenomenal. However, everytime I left my PC on overnight to take advantage of the unlimited download speeds, the PC would reboot in the middle of the night, cutting all my downloads on IRC. I couldn't place this problem on anything but the SkyDSL software - I ran thorough spyware & antivirus checks, and had not had this problem before.

I've now been waiting for a response to an enquiry and complaint for over two weeks. I have chased and chased and chased. I've chased from different email accounts, and even via their website. Still, I've heard nothing. Until they respond, I can't get online (my SkyNumber has mysteriously changed so I can't get where I need to on their website to pay my bill). So, I've now gone with another provider - slower connection but cheaper, more reliable, and accessible via phone for support.

I'm sure that there'll be some of you out there who find it a great product, and it is - its just the company behind it I warn you about.

Anyone had similar trouble with 'em?

Finley

Next time just contact a professional satellite company ! Can save you a lot of time and $$$$

Hi

We can supply full support for SkyDSL services, in fact i think you are already our customer, as you said its a good product its just the poor support offered that lets it down, but of course when you buy through us the support is excellent and any problems are easily exlplained and resolved.

Hi, I have the same problem in Spain to cancel the contract with Skydsl. Even I have informed to them about my intention to cancel the contract they say I have to continue for 8 more months.
This is not legal in Spain as we can cancel telecommunication contracts with 15 days in advance notice.

Sponsored Links
I am having problems cancelling my contract with Skydsl. I had been with them for 4 years. They say I owe them another 10 months of subscriptions. As I am refusing to pay any more subscriptions because their system has been disabled, I am now being threatened by Skydsl that they will put this matter in the hands of a German Debt Collector. Has anyone else been in this situation and managed to get out of the 12 month notice clause? I am a Spanish resident.

skydsl hell

See my post of 29-07-2008. I was threatened by the German Debt Collection agency and invited them to confirm that they wanted copies of all my correspondence with Skydsl. I also pointed out that I would invoice them for the cost of preparing the copies. I have heard nothing from them since.

Broadband via Satellite

Anybody having problems with SkyDSL, please have a look at our wenbsite and surf to the Tooway section.

hi

I`m an Iranian man, look guys, some of people like me are hacking your SKYDSL account very very easy and use your account, the account speed are different from 50kb/s up to 1mg/s its very goog for us because the speed is so low in Iran and we really enjoy to use your accounts SKY DSL and some other service provider are under our control & we use them very well ha ha ha ha :drool:
anyway sorry for that :cool:
so, please waste your money on Vsat & satellite internet
good luck

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules