Sponsored Links

Slow browsing over Wi-Fi - Huawei B535 with Three

• Thread starter Deleted member 32587
  • Start date

Deleted member 32587

Hi all

I've seen similiar posts recently about issues with the above router however my problem is slightly different.

Download speed-wise I'm getting fantastic speeds of 50-70mbps. Downloading (and playing) games online has been fantastic, especially compared to the ADSL line I was on before.

The issue is with browsing the web - specifically on mobile devices over Wi-Fi. Both my wife and I cannot browse the web at all. Aside from Google, every webpage we try to load just hangs - it loads to about 10% and just stops. As soon as you turn off Wi-Fi and use 4G, the webpage loads instantly.

We both have Apple iPhones - I have an XS Max and my wife has an XS. I'm not getting any problems like this on my desktop (Ethernet into router), nor downloading programmes / games on my Sky Q box and PS4.

I've tried clearing both caches on devices, resetting network settings on both devices, restarting router, turning firewall off and testing, using the 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz channels - none of it makes a difference.

Has anyone got any idea what could be causing this issue?

TIA.

There's countless threads on this issue. We've all come up with various workarounds that we think work and then end up not working and being a placebo effect.

The most you can probably do is a set a custom DNS, such as 1.1.1.1 (personally recommended) and complain to Three.

So many people are complaining about this issue but so far there's been no formal acknowledgement of an issue. I have two of these installed at families homes and both experience the same problems from time to time.

Personally, I think 3's network is good but they offer significantly better data deals than all the other networks and so they get hammered for data. They traffic manage the network to serious detriment to cope with all the demand.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules