Sponsored Links

Smarty B32?

Mobilemandan

Casual Member
Anyone know if Smarty have access to Band 32 1500Mhz?

Testing here at home with a phone on Three and one on Smarty.

Smarty connecting to 2100 + 1800
Three connecting to 2100 + 1800 + 1500

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-235909_NetMonster.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-235909_NetMonster.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 117
Anyone know if Smarty have access to Band 32 1500Mhz?

Testing here at home with a phone on Three and one on Smarty.

Smarty connecting to 2100 + 1800
Three connecting to 2100 + 1800 + 1500
Are they both the same phone and can you confirm you’ve tried switching sims to check the other out just in case it’s handset?

Not seen any variation of connectivity minus 5G for smarty so far.

Sponsored Links
Interestingly I don't seem to have band 32 via Smarty either Mobilemandan.

When I say no band 32, what I mean is I can no longer get LTE+ to show if I select band 3 and 32 using the Smarty sim.

Popped the three sim into the router (Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2) and selected band 3 and 32 and now have LTE+ (Using HuaCtrl Pro)

Popped the Smarty sim back in and can't get any CA at all using the same bands.

Tried the same procedure twice with the same results, so something different seems to be happening for me via the 2 sims.:unsure:

Unfortunately band 32 for me makes no difference at all to my speeds, but I guess that's another story.☺️

Last edited:
B32 certainly used to be available to smarty - I've mapped some on cellmapper with my smarty SIM. Can't say/test now though as my home serving masts don't have it.

B32 certainly used to be available to smarty - I've mapped some on cellmapper with my smarty SIM. Can't say/test now though as my home serving masts don't have it.
Hi Gavin, I can't actually see any reference to band 32 in my cellmapper data anywhere, but I'm assuming it's there as I get LTE+ when I select it with band 3.

Am I perhaps incorrectly assuming I have band 32 because of the LTE+?

Just curious why cellmapper has no reference to band 32 that I can see.

Not sure what cellmapper app actually shows in terms of LTE/LTE+ with B32, I haven't really paid much attention, though I would presume it's be LTE+.

If you have 'save CSV logs' enabled in cellmapper you'd be able to find B32 it in there with EARFCN 10220. However I don't know if cellmapper logging the band means that it was actually in aggregation at the time - I know they had to put some funky logic in there to ensure it gets captured due to it not being a primary bearer, but it might just be that it's logging it without actually being connected/in aggregation.

Just checked a log from Saturday and there is some in there for me, so it got seen up as recently as then - I'll try remember to cellmap when I go to that known B32 area next time.
16353150868080.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not sure what cellmapper app actually shows in terms of LTE/LTE+ with B32, I haven't really paid much attention, though I would presume it's be LTE+.

If you have 'save CSV logs' enabled in cellmapper you'd be able to find B32 it in there with EARFCN 10220. However I don't know if cellmapper logging the band means that it was actually in aggregation at the time - I know they had to put some funky logic in there to ensure it gets captured due to it not being a primary bearer, but it might just be that it's logging it without actually being connected/in aggregation.

Just checked a log from Saturday and there is some in there for me, so it got seen up as recently as then - I'll try remember to cellmap when I go to that known B32 area next time.
View attachment 1770
Cheers Gavin, it's all a bit confusing for my tiny brain, but thanks for your reply.(y)

Might be that the priority has changed, try band 20 and 32 that's a more common duo.

It could be a fault however within the network configs or a new priority change.

Smarty definitely used to use B32 though.
You were right JP, band 20 and 32 showing LTE+ with the Smarty sim just fine.
Never even thought of trying another band.:rolleyes:(y)

Interestingly I don't seem to have band 32 via Smarty either Mobilemandan.

When I say no band 32, what I mean is I can no longer get LTE+ to show if I select band 3 and 32 using the Smarty sim.

Popped the three sim into the router (Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2) and selected band 3 and 32 and now have LTE+ (Using HuaCtrl Pro)

Popped the Smarty sim back in and can't get any CA at all using the same bands.

Tried the same procedure twice with the same results, so something different seems to be happening for me via the 2 sims.:unsure:

Unfortunately band 32 for me makes no difference at all to my speeds, but I guess that's another story.☺️
You’d need band 20 and 32 most likely if available 🤞🏼

Edit: JP beat me to it 😅 though might give better speeds with 32?

Sponsored Links
You’d need band 20 and 32 most likely if available 🤞🏼

Edit: JP beat me to it 😅 though might give better speeds with 32?
Yeah any of the three bands aggregate with band 32 CarlO1460, just wrongly assumed Smarty would be the same.

Band 32 makes no difference to my 30/20 though.

Never mind, hopefully my forthcoming pole of wonder may improve things.🤞☺️

Might be that the priority has changed, try band 20 and 32 that's a more common duo.

I can only get a rock solid connection using bands 3+32 together using three.

Using bands 20 +32 will always result in carrier aggregation being lost after a period of time or dropping back to 3g.

I originally thought this was a fault of the Huawei B525 but the B818 does exactly the same.

Using bands 20 +32 will always result in carrier aggregation being lost after a period of time or dropping back to 3g.

I originally thought this was a fault of the Huawei B525 but the B818 does exactly the same.
strange but I noticed this morning things have gone back to normal and I'm now back getting band32 on smarty with some nice speeds too.

I used to get between 10 and 20 at best this is what I just got this morning on the way to work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-083432_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-083432_Speedtest.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 79
strange but I noticed this morning things have gone back to normal and I'm now back getting band32 on smarty with some nice speeds too.

I used to get between 10 and 20 at best this is what I just got this morning on the way to work
You mean I got out of bed at 5am this morning to swap sims for nothing Mobilemandan?:mad:;)😊

I use LTE Monitor to get around this issue, I set it to refresh the bands every 15 min, but the B818 hangs on longer than the B525 on my mast.

Sponsored Links
I use LTE Monitor to get around this issue, I set it to refresh the bands every 15 min, but the B818 hangs on longer than the B525 on my mast.
Doesnt B3+B32 work for you?
I find this to be the best combination for download speeds ( as you would expect being 15+20 mhz bandwidth).
I don't seem to be able to do 3CA though, which Three have activated on some masts?

Doesnt B3+B32 work for you?
It used to, but Three reduced the transmission strength on B3 3 to 4 weeks after adding B32 and B1, so at 8km away I no longer get a decent B3 signal. B20 is fine signal wise and as long as B32 kicks in on downloads I am back to where I was before the mast upgrade (that really wasn't an upgrade ;) )

FTTP comes next year, then I will be dumping Three, for my second 4G router I moved from Voda to EE so its an all round improvement at a higher cost.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules