Sponsored

Smarty transfer number issue

clivejo

Top Member
I moved in a number I wanted to keep to Smarty and the process seemed to be event free, however when I go into "about phone" it shows me the number that was assigned to the SIM originally. I am getting calls and SMS to the correct number, but have noticed it pops up this number now and again. Last time was when I fresh installed LineageOS19 and it asked me which sim to switch on.

Does anyone else notice this? Is this just a quirk of Smarty being a Virtual Operator or did something go wrong during my number transfer?

jbennett360

Top Member
I moved in a number I wanted to keep to Smarty and the process seemed to be event free, however when I go into "about phone" it shows me the number that was assigned to the SIM originally. I am getting calls and SMS to the correct number, but have noticed it pops up this number now and again. Last time was when I fresh installed LineageOS19 and it asked me which sim to switch on.

Does anyone else notice this? Is this just a quirk of Smarty being a Virtual Operator or did something go wrong during my number transfer?
Majority of networks/phones do this don't they?

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member

This can happen to all networks. Sometimes they update, sometimes they don’t. Updating your phone number in your phones settings sometimes fixes, and iPhones you can set what your number is.

Give a few weeks and if not updated over the air you can raise it with them, but your services are working so it’s no biggy.

barryc808

Casual Member
This happened to me - put your sim into a dumbphone, look in the Contacts for something like "My Number" and then edit / delete it.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Shell Energy £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £20.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £20.00
    Speed 54Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £24.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4110)
  2. BT (3149)
  3. Politics (2115)
  4. Building Digital UK (2024)
  5. Openreach (1968)
  6. FTTC (1922)
  7. Business (1831)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1605)
  9. Statistics (1509)
  10. 4G (1378)
  11. FTTH (1371)
  12. Virgin Media (1277)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1241)
  14. Wireless Internet (1233)
  15. Fibre Optic (1232)
  16. Vodafone (926)
  17. EE (905)
  18. 5G (898)
  19. TalkTalk (821)
  20. Sky Broadband (787)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules