Sponsored

So slow

sssikuk

Is there anybody else having extremly slow connection?
This started on Saturday, 10th May and has been at a crawl ever since.
It is so slow I cannot even pick up Gmail because it times out in error.

Having to type this message at work.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hehe this is the forum for ADSL24 Brick, so that's his ISP (Entanet based), although admittedly the name could confuse some people with 24Mbps ADSL technology. The best thing to do here sssik is to contact ADSL24 directly so that they can investigate. If it's an issue you're having around the clock then it's probably fixable, though if it's occurring mainly during peak periods then it might be more congestion related. Either way, drop them a support request and let us know what happens.

Also, if the recent storms have caused your link to disconnect and reconnect a lot then that could have resulted in a slower line profile. What speeds do you normally get and could you post your router stats?

sssikuk

My MAX line report shows:

Product SYNC speed IP profile Interleaving Profile changed
Max 2848 2500 Auto 14/04/2008 14:56
Max 2016 1750 Auto 14/04/2008 18:49
Max 2272 2000 Auto 22/04/2008 15:55
Max 2016 1750 Auto 22/04/2008 17:37
Max 160 135 Auto 10/05/2008 16:18
Max 2016 1750 Auto 13/05/2008 17:25

It is back to a 'normal' speed now.
Clearly something happened on the 10th as shown above.

What could that have been?
What do the stats above mean?

BT speed test result: 1595 kilo bits per second (Kbps)

Thanks

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
What everyone has to remember is ADSL max is dependant on many things
first: Your equipment this can be router, filters for each phone, sky box or anything that is plugged into the phone line. Length of extension lead from master socket to your PC condition of this extension, type IE telephone or RJ54 cable.
Second: anything in your house that is increasing the SNR causing disconnects and then BT lowering the profile.
Third: The condition of the line from yourt house to pole then onto the Exchange, distance from the exchange.

What everyone forgets is allthis couopled together is what determines your sync speed not your ISP, not BT but the whole lot from your equipment to the line through to the exchange.

To change ISP when your sync is up and down will not resolve this it has to be done by the selective reconnecting of things into the system. IE remove everything from BT line take router to Master socket remove faceplate and do a speed test from the engineer test socket behind thius face plate. If it is still low then it is BT line to exchange if it improves then something in your equipment is causing it only exception to this is if your line goes through trees where it could have a very small break causing intermitent speed problems.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Did you report this to your ISP?

sssikuk

Did you report this to your ISP?
Hi Kits

No, I started to raise a ticket with them but part of the process was to carry out the BT speedtest. The connection was so bad it kept timing out in error.

In answer to your previous post:
Nothing had changed at my end regarding the connection. No PC, router, cable, filter, socket or telephone changes.
I have been with ADSL24 for 2 months with no issues.

What does the info in my IP profile relate too?

Thanks

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi Kits

No, I started to raise a ticket with them but part of the process was to carry out the BT speedtest. The connection was so bad it kept timing out in error.

In answer to your previous post:
Nothing had changed at my end regarding the connection. No PC, router, cable, filter, socket or telephone changes.
I have been with ADSL24 for 2 months with no issues.

What does the info in my IP profile relate too?

Thanks
It has been very warm routers can go faulty, filters can go faulty.

The fact you were too slow to complete the speed tests means you should screenshot its failed and send that to them then they can raise a fault with BT. Please go to BT speed tester take the screenshot and send in the ticket.

IP profile is what BT give you from your sync rate if you drop lower the profile is lowered quickly if your sync goes up again and stays steady then the profile will increase but it could take upto 3 days to go back up.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules