Sponsored

So Where Do I Stand??

jubbo11

AS i said in a previous post i was given a MAC code by Biscit days before they went under. I was (or am) in a contract with them. I was in the process of trying to find out what it would cost me to get out of it.

After googling Biscit to find out more i came across the Breathe website. "Biscit customers click here" so i clicked and read about how i was now a Breathe customer. I will be migrated to them and should select one of their packages. If i want to go else where i will be given a MAC code. I called up Breathe customer service and told them i already have a MAC code, i don't want to go to Breathe (to pay them £69 set up fee!!!). I was told that my contract with Biscit is no longer valid so i am free to use my MAC code and migrate to who ever i want. So i did, i am now waiting to move over to my new ISP.

Yesterday i checked the Breathe website which now tells me the sale hasn't gone through and i am still a Biscit customer!!!

Does this mean i am now still in my Biscit contact and the administrators will come chasing me for the rest of my contact??

I don't see how this is fair, as Breathe told me i was one of their customers and free to go.

Anyone else in this situation???

J

ellison

AS i said in a previous post i was given a MAC code by Biscit days before they went under. I was (or am) in a contract with them. I was in the process of trying to find out what it would cost me to get out of it.

After googling Biscit to find out more i came across the Breathe website. "Biscit customers click here" so i clicked and read about how i was now a Breathe customer. I will be migrated to them and should select one of their packages. If i want to go else where i will be given a MAC code. I called up Breathe customer service and told them i already have a MAC code, i don't want to go to Breathe (to pay them £69 set up fee!!!). I was told that my contract with Biscit is no longer valid so i am free to use my MAC code and migrate to who ever i want. So i did, i am now waiting to move over to my new ISP.

Yesterday i checked the Breathe website which now tells me the sale hasn't gone through and i am still a Biscit customer!!!

Does this mean i am now still in my Biscit contact and the administrators will come chasing me for the rest of my contact??

I don't see how this is fair, as Breathe told me i was one of their customers and free to go.

Anyone else in this situation???

J

Im not an expert but i would say our contracts with biscit ,ended when they went into administration.They didn't keep their side of the contract so i guess its null and void.Just take your mac and look for another ISP ,and don't worry about biscit or the administrators.
ellison

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
To add to what has already been posted I only think the administrators will go for any months people have been connected to the internet and not paid.. Alwaays be aware that if you have used Biscit without paying this could happen..

jubbo11

I have not paid them a bean. I joined in December and they failed to set up my direct debit. Despite me filling in the form three times. I have also written to them three times asking for an invoice so i can settle my account. My only reply from them was to send me a MAC code without answering any of my questions.

If they want it i will pay them the 3 months of fees. Ofcom say i should not pay them as i have gone out of my way to try and pay them. As Biscit have negated to return my calls or respond to my letters on the subject. But i'll wait and see what happens.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I have not paid them a bean. I joined in December and they failed to set up my direct debit. Despite me filling in the form three times. I have also written to them three times asking for an invoice so i can settle my account. My only reply from them was to send me a MAC code without answering any of my questions.

If they want it i will pay them the 3 months of fees. Ofcom say i should not pay them as i have gone out of my way to try and pay them. As Biscit have negated to return my calls or respond to my letters on the subject. But i'll wait and see what happens.

You must keep your proof that you have gone out of your way to pay htem that does help you to win in this case..

g6zru

First things first, take your MAC and find another ISP as soon as possible. If you leave it too long and the MAC time expires you will be in further trouble trying to get another.
As regards the outstanding fees, don't pay anything until asked. As far as I understand it the only one who might ask for money is the administrator and I think that's unlikely.

jack8

Pro Member
I think the adminstrator has a very differcult job as it would seem they did not run a very tight ship. It may well take a while for them to sort the mess out so you may well get a letter some time later.

ellison

I think the adminstrator has a very differcult job as it would seem they did not run a very tight ship. It may well take a while for them to sort the mess out so you may well get a letter some time later.

And remember that payments are usually in advance .My last payment was for biscit to provide me services until the 25th march.Something they clearly didn't do.In that case ,It could be quite possible that the administrator legally owes more than they could retrieve off the customers anyway?.My guess is that not a lot will be done to chase customers ,but more on how they can profit from what they already have from the biscit infrstructure.
ellison

ziggycat

Pro Member

And when working out what you owe them remember to minus the days in November you were without service and minus any over payments v21 took from you and also if like us people migrated to Biscit don't forget they offered one month free.

My bill calculates out to £5 to march 20th and since they are now bust I don't think i even owe them that as its BT supplying my service now not Biscit.

Robg

Casual Member
If the administrator has to sort out all that the individual V21 customers owe/are owed, it's going to be a long wait. Their accounts were a shambles, they took at least 6 extra monthly payments from me over the past 2 years, luckily I got some back before they folded. There's another thought - have V21 folded or are they lurking in a corner? - I've seen some threads suggesting V21 was revived as Biscit went down - Unfortunately, I can't remember details.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
V21's state

At the moment the company Biscit Internet Ltd is definitely in administration and the users are all in the name of this company. However it is uncertain exactly what is happening with the company v21.co.uk Ltd.

I have been trying to contact the administrator to confirm, but I would suspect that company will go straight into liquidation. The reason for this is because when Biscit took over not only did they not pay us they didn't pay any of the companies creditors. They then continued not paying and just let the bills pile up further and further, so now v21 as a company is in such a financial mess with no assets to get itself out. So sooner or later one of the creditors will just put the company straight into liquidation.

It seems to me that Mr Patterson and crew took the company stripped the assets and then ran as fast as they could. :mad:

In terms of payments for the users, they left the customer database in such a mess that TBH I don't think the administrator stands a hope in deciding who owes what .

Last edited:

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
v21 or not v21

As I see it v21 were bought by biscit so when biscit went into administration so did v21 as they were under the biscit umbrella.

Biscit changed the name of v21 to biscit csp, then about a month before biscit went into administration they changed it back to v21. I think it was an attempt to distance themselves from debts so whilst one company goes down the pan the other remains solvent with a large customer base after taking the customers from the other company, but biscit went into administration before this could happen. I think biscit planned to asset strip v21 (it's customers).

That's my opinion, but as far as I'm aware their is a legal dispute as to whether v21 is in administration or not. As baliffs have paid several visits to both companies I very much doubt that their is much of either company left.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
As I see it v21 were bought by biscit so when biscit went into administration so did v21 as they were under the biscit umbrella.

Normally if v21 was solvent then it would carry on and the shares would be sold off as an asset. Because they're no longer solvent and have no asset of their own then it's up to the creditors to place it into liquidation.

I think biscit planned to asset strip v21 (it's customers)..

Yes I think you are absolutely correct, I believe this was the plan all along :(

jubbo11

Thanks for all the advice

My main issue was that Breathe told me i was one of their customers and it was ok for me to quit the contract.

It now transpires that they had no right to do that... But i guess that doesn't matter and i should quit moaning. Seems i'm in a good position: Four months free internet and phone and a MAC code. Although the amount i spent on phone calls and registered letters to Biscit probably still leaves me out of pocket.

Good luck to everyone else

J

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
Normally if v21 was solvent then it would carry on and the shares would be sold off as an asset. Because they're no longer solvent and have no asset of their own then it's up to the creditors to place it into liquidation. :(

I expect your right their.

Nice to know that HP didn't just screw one company he screwed two, allegedly.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
At companies house they seemed to change V21 nameback from Biscit just before they went into administration.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
Yup, when you put it that way smootbound it shows that he can do something right. Unfortunately the only thing HP can do right is f**k everything up.
:laugh: :laugh:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules