Sponsored Links

(solved)Networking issue: Huawei CPE Pro 2 (H122-373) and AX3 pro routers

razeman

Hi,

I have been struggling to get my home network to work as intended and I would appreciate some help.

ISP Provider: Three 5g Broadband
My devices:
1) Unlocked Huawei 5g CPE Pro 2/ H122-373
2) 3x Huawei AX3 Pro Routers
3) Netgear Unmanaged 8 port switch (Prosafe GS308)
I have the Huawei H122-373 connected via a cat 6 patch cable to the Netgear switch, and from there 3xcat 6 patch cables to 3x huawei AX3 Pro routers.

My goal: To have 3 AX3 pro routers work as wired backhual mesh with H122-373 as the hub.

My problem: I get DL 500Mbps in the room where the H122-373 and speed plummets to 50Mbps in the rooms where my routers are.

I'm not even sure where to start looking as I'm not very well verse with networking. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Maybe pop a wee post in the Mobile Broadband section too razeman, quite a few 4G/5G router users there who may be able to help out.

Mobile Broadband Section

Best of luck.:)

Sponsored Links
@Sceptical fox hey. They are all wired up. So I have H122-373 connected to a switch and then an ethernet patch cable to the wan port of ax3 pro.
Apologies, I should have clarified - what I meant was whether the device you're using to run the speed tests is connected to the AX3 via a LAN cable, rather than wirelessly.

Sponsored Links
What you are being asked to do is to connect in each room to the AX3 pro using a Ethernet cable from a PC. If the speeds say come out as 100Mbs then its likely the AX3 pro is not connecting at gigabit speeds but at 100mbs due to the cat6 cables not really being cat6 and the speeds being limited to 100mbs or a setting is wrongly configured.

I solved the mystery! It was so basic that it takes effort to laugh it off. Almost weeks of finding out different settings to try i.e. ap mode etc, I just wasn't getting anywhere. So I decided so look at any faulty hardware. I noticed that the port on my switch connected to H122-373 wasn't lighting up. After testing every port individually, I was able to work out that the patch cable connecting H122-373 to the RJ45 port in my room was faulty. I have a feeling the engineer doing my cable run might have terminated it wrongly.
After all that! Well I'm thankful it's not something more serious.
Thank you for your help guys!

I solved the mystery! It was so basic that it takes effort to laugh it off. Almost weeks of finding out different settings to try i.e. ap mode etc, I just wasn't getting anywhere. So I decided so look at any faulty hardware. I noticed that the port on my switch connected to H122-373 wasn't lighting up. After testing every port individually, I was able to work out that the patch cable connecting H122-373 to the RJ45 port in my room was faulty. I have a feeling the engineer doing my cable run might have terminated it wrongly.
After all that! Well I'm thankful it's not something more serious.
Thank you for your help guys!
Faulty patch leads (and untested structured cabling) are the pretty common. Good it was an easy spot and fix. 👍

Sponsored Links
Yeah, them. Never had a good experience with the flat type. I presume its because when you go around a corner it tears the cable inside, whereas a round cable has more cushioning.

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules